WE Island Mist kit in FlexTank?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeman

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying two of the 15 gallon FlexTanks to try them out (one will always be empty and used for racking). I was thinking a triple batch of WE BlackBerry Cabernet. Do you think this kit would benefit from 6 months of Flex Tank oxygenation? Or would it ruin the flavor profile? I would also use the 2 tanks as fermentation vessels to see how that pans out.

I'm aware that the kits will make 18 gallons, not 15. I have 3 and 1 gallon carboys.

My $0.02 here but filling a Flextank with Island Mist seems like a waste of a perfectly good Flextank! Mist kits are made to be ready to drink quickly and do not really improve all that much with time. Put some decent juice at least in it if your going to drop the big bucks on a Flextank!

Island mist kit

THIS KIT FINISHES OUT VERY SWEET THAT IS A LOT OF SWEET.:slp

Well I only put 1/3 of the f pac in at the end, the other 2/3 I use to boost alcohol.

I figured with it being a 'red wine' it may benefit from some aging of that nature.

Latest posts

Back