Meet my new twins!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they do too! I can't tell which one is Mario and which one is Luigi :) Are they the ones I was admiring at Presque Isle when I was there?

Angelina, Mario is the fatter one on the left. Yes they are the ones you admired at Presque Isle. They were sitting in the main sales area patiently waiting for me to adopt them.

Ahh, now I see the difference. Good to know they are in a good home :) I suspect you will be putting some of that awesome Chilean wine in them? I was nervous about getting so much of the Chilean juice when I had zero knowledge with it, but now I am so glad I did. Some of it was so good I could of skipped fermentation and just consumed it as is. Lol

Ahh, now I see the difference. Good to know they are in a good home :) I suspect you will be putting some of that awesome Chilean wine in them? I was nervous about getting so much of the Chilean juice when I had zero knowledge with it, but now I am so glad I did. Some of it was so good I could of skipped fermentation and just consumed it as is. Lol

Angelina, you will be happy with the Chilean juice. I have been buying it for four years now and it is simply the best juice I've been able to buy. Ialways buy California Juice, usually buy some Italian juice and also buy some local Pennsylvania and New York juices. My best wines so far have been Chilean.
Dan told me you picked up some toys on your trip. Sounds like your serious about wine making!

Phil, I sure did! Just this morning I was on the phone with Dan try to learn how to use the Vinmetrica. It's is definitely serious, but still all in good fun. Just taking it up a notch! Sure do wish I had paid closer attention in chemistry class.
I am thinking about get some California juice in the fall, and I would like to try my hand at Italian juice. Actually some concord from PA sounds interesting as well.
Maybe we will be able to catch up with you on the next trip to Presque Isle.

Agree with Dan regarding the stencils. Dress em up just a bit. These were my twins when they was just babies a few years back. :sm

attachment.php

Angelina, you will be happy with the Chilean juice. I have been buying it for four years now and it is simply the best juice I've been able to buy. Ialways buy California Juice, usually buy some Italian juice and also buy some local Pennsylvania and New York juices. My best wines so far have been Chilean.
Dan told me you picked up some toys on your trip. Sounds like your serious about wine making!

Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to tasting finished product from both of you. I know it'll be great as I have tasted previous things you two have made. I look forward to seeing you guys in the fall. Angelina, Phil also buys the same corks as I do. I think you're ready!!!

Dan, you were reading my mind! I just finished posting about my new professional looking labels and thinking I need to look into corks :)

Which wine of mine have you sampled? The Blue Heaven I gave you I think is my favorite. Don't let the bottling date fool you. It aged a couple of years before I bottled it last December.

I remember the Blue Heaven and it was very good. Right off I can't remember the names of the other two we tried but they were very good. We had them with pizza and friends last week.

I am so glad you liked them, I means a lot come from you with so much experience. We are going open your Blueberry Splash tomorrow. Cheers!

Congrats PJD!!! When is the christening???

I'm not sure when. I actually thought i would be running some of last falls California wines through them but I have already oaked all of them. I guess i will wait until the Chilean Petite Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon is cleared then christen the barrels

Great looking barrels! I love the taste American Oak gives to wines. To me.... even better the French. I have all sizes running but have to admit the best size to work with is a 12-15 gallon. It ages the best. Not small..... Not big.

Well Mario is now in the wine cellar filled with hot water checking for leaks. Luigi is in the cellar waiting to be leak checked. I will be filling both tomorrow with a California Petite Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot blend. Its kind of exciting, I've never used barrels before.

Latest posts

Back