Is it time to stabalise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampvt

Senior member from Leeds UK.
Reaction score
I started a winexpert kit some time ago and the OG was 1098. It has behaved itself but its slowed right down and has all but stopped at 1000. I know the tables say this is a 13 plus % wine, but I have never seen a brew stop at 1000 before.

Any ideas guys as its a pretty expensive kit to loose.

I started a winexpert kit some time ago and the OG was 1098. It has behaved itself but its slowed right down and has all but stopped at 1000. I know the tables say this is a 13 plus % wine, but I have never seen a brew stop at 1000 before.

Any ideas guys as its a pretty expensive kit to loose.
Would be nice to know a few things....

which kit?
temperature of wine?
how long is "some time ago"?

Steve

Winexpert vintners reserve sauvignon blanc started the 8th of this month. Been on 12 days now. Yeast used from the kit, no idea what it was.

First racked 4 days ago at 1010.

Its got a sweetness to it and the airlock is going off once every 80 seconds. Its been in a stable 22 degree room and started normally. More than that I cant say as it was going along like a normal wine.

You know sometimes people rack around 1.010 and then have a stuck fermentation because they left too many of the yeasties behind for the wine to complete fermentation.

I noticed you said "all but stopped" which I would interpret as meaning there is some activity, After racking for the reason Julie stated wine can be very slow from 1.000 to 0.995 give it a few more days and see what happens, in any event you never want to consider a fermentation stopped until you have has a consistent SG reading for 3 days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back