Cellar Craft wine kit leaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busabill

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my order of CC Red Mountain Cabernet in and was excited to get started but realized that part of the box was saturated with Juice and found a tiny pin hole leak in the juice bag. It's frustrating because this is the second time I have reordered this because the first one leaked so bad that ups even threw it away. What do you guys think? Should I make it anyways? Or should I throw it away get my money back and just order from somewhere else? What would you do?

I'd get rid of it and work with the vendor to get a replacement.

BTW: my understanding is that this kit will be coming back late this year or early next. It's just that they've 'sold out' of juice from last year's vintage.

I'd attempt to salvage what's left, and also get a replacement. Win, win...

This happened to me once, I made the kit and it turned out just fine. I feel confident that you will have the same results as long as you haven't lost a lot of the juice.

Same here with a different kit. Had a tiny leak but we didn't find it for several months because we had other kits ahead of it. When we opened to box there were places where the cardboard had started to mold. We called the company we bought it from and they replaced it without any trouble. We made it anyway and it turned out fine. When we got the replacement kit we made it as well. It does seem to my wife and I that the second kit without the leak is maybe a tad better but that could just be because we know which is which.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I too had a small leak in one of my kits. I made it anyways and it turned out fine.As Brian55 said, try for replacement and make anyways. (I'd make sure there was no mold or anything foreign looking in it though)

well I did just that. Replacement and made it anyway. It is bubbling away as it should! :)

Back