vacu vin pump pressure

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampvt

Senior member from Leeds UK.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many negative bar or pound per foot vacuum pressure does a standard vacu vin pump produce.

Sorry, I do not, but wanted to comment that I use a VacuVin for degassing my wine. It definitely does the job but takes a lot of hand pumping over the course of 2-3 days. Are you asking the question to determine whether or not it would degas?

Sorry, I do not, but wanted to comment that I use a VacuVin for degassing my wine. It definitely does the job but takes a lot of hand pumping over the course of 2-3 days. Are you asking the question to determine whether or not it would degas?

To be honest, I only just bought one. I paid £100 for a food saver because my wife wanted one, but its external tube which can be used for degassing is useless. The small cheap hand pump is far stronger bur I haven't tried it on a wine degass basis. Do you use yours on a glass demijohn or 5 gal carboy

To be honest, I only just bought one. I paid £100 for a food saver because my wife wanted one, but its external tube which can be used for degassing is useless. The small cheap hand pump is far stronger bur I haven't tried it on a wine degass basis. Do you use yours on a glass demijohn or 5 gal carboy

Always used on one of my Italian glass carboys. My glass carboys are about 6.5 gallons so the ~23L of wine from "secondary" fills them to ~ a little past shoulder height.

This is not my video but shows what I do... BUT WITH A WHOLE LOT MORE PUMPING THAN THE VIDEO SUGGESTS. [Lots of pumping over the course of a few days.]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjL80hXkHdI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjL80hXkHdI[/ame]

Before I got my aio pump I would drill degas then individually degas each wine bottle using my vacu in. It was effective and my biceps are now awesome! :)
I do not know how much pressure though.

Back