Other Tweak for cru orchard breezing lime

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamNoir

Reaction score
Hi all! I picked up an orchard breezing lime kit for pretty cheap. I haven't made a lot of kits, mostly homemade, but I have made lots of beer kits. I have read that it will come out sweet and low abv. I would like to up the abv and have it come out medium dry. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I was thinking of trying that F pack thing but I think that is more for flavor..

Last edited:
Hi all! I picked up an orchard breezing lime kit for pretty cheap. I haven't made a lot of kits, mostly homemade, but I have made lots of beer kits. I have read that it will come out sweet and low abv. I would like to up the abv and have it come out medium dry. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Could add half of the F-pack to the primary. Then add some sugar to raise the sg to the desired reading (1.080 to 1.090 perhaps). The wine should finish about .995.

Steve

I have an OB Green Apple Delight just about finished with primary fermentation (was .998 tonight, but still showing some airlock activity). I put 1/2 of the flavor pack into the primary, then made a simple sugar solution to bring the SG up to 1.080 (from about 1.065). According to the directions in my kit, the SG after adding the whole f-pack after stabilizing would have brought it up to 1.015, which is too sweet for my wife and me. I'm aiming for 1.002 to 1.005 and will test as I add the rest of the f-pack.

Can't tell you how it turned out yet, but this is what many on this site seem to do.

Thanks! Half the fpack and sugar to raise sg sounds like way to go. Checked my kit and the fsg is suppose to be 1.015 to 1.020! So sweet... I am starting it tomorrow :)

Alittle late in starting it....By over a month? Anyways. I put the left over fpack in a baggie in the fridge. Will that be okay?

That's what I did and it seemed to work fine. I think the fridge temps will keep it from fermenting if something got into it when adding the first half earlier.

Just bottled my Green Apple wine today and it had a SG of 1.009. I added some organic apple juice to boost the flavor. Sweet enough to accentuate the apple, but not so sweet to be undrinkable (for me).

I think you could leave the F pack sit open in a yeast factory and it wouldn't ferment! There is enough stabilizers in there to choke an elephant.

I think you could leave the F pack sit open in a yeast factory and it wouldn't ferment! There is enough stabilizers in there to choke an elephant.

Haha...poor elephant. Then it should be fine the fridge.

Just bottled my Green Apple wine today and it had a SG of 1.009. I added some organic apple juice to boost the flavor. Sweet enough to accentuate the apple, but not so sweet to be undrinkable (for me).

It sounds great. I hope mine turns out drinkable! Let us know when open one.

Hopefully will leave it alone for a couple of months. Put it behind some shelves in the basement out of the direct line of my sight.

Have a Cranberry Craze down to 1.002, should finish up soon. Will probably be till the end of the month till I bottle that one. Added some frozen cranberries to that one which I removed this morning. Smelled pretty good at this point. Also added 1/2 of f-pack so it can ferment out. Wife is very interested in that one since she likes semi sweet reds as well as her white wines.

Latest posts

Back