ph tester question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zule

Reaction score
I am looking at ordering a ph tester, this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096N8OWI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Good reader? Seems to review well.

Also what is the deal with the calibration fluid? Since the wine should start between ~3.0-3.6, does this mean I should avoid the 7.0 calibration fluid and only buy the 4.0 calibration fluid? Or should I just buy the 7 calibration fluid since its probably 'good enough'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt seem too shabby. As for the calibration solution, if is one point calibration you use the cali solution closest to what you are testing. If you are doin TA titrations with it, you will also want the 7.0 cali solution. Hopefully folks can chime in on this, but for things like this, you get what you pay for. Read the reviews amd choose wisely.. or maybe save up for a better one if this one does not pan out.

You will want to calibrate everytime you use it for accurate results. I get my calibration solitions from ebay, most of the time with free shipping! Once i get em, i date for 6 months and throw em out after its reached thag date. I personally have the vinmetrica sc-200, which i dig. Check it out.

Hope this helps

Back