Peppery Zins for under $20?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianSmith

Young Wine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!

Looking for a little advice! - I'm trying to broaden my range of Zins. I'm usually big on the big, fruity, "jammy" zins, but i want to taste me palate with some nice peppery treats, however on a little bit of a budget.

Any suggestions deeply appreciated and bonus points if they are Californian :)

Thank you folks!

7 Deadly Zins. Pretty sure it is what you are looking for.
Michael David Winery, Lodi, CA

Paul,
Really? To me it has a peppery taste to it. It may be the 15% ABV too. Alot of the zins I have tried are more "fruity" to me. I know the OVZ kit I made from RJS at the 10mo. mark is more "fruity" than 7 Deadly.
Could be the difference in our palates too.

Yeah, chacun à son goût, I guess. (Or, if you prefer the Latin, De gustibus non est disputandum.)

I really like 7 Deadly Zins. A Lot. Does this sound like I have a Zin problem? :)

Yeah, chacun à son goût, I guess. (Or, if you prefer the Latin, De gustibus non est disputandum.)

Generally prefer the English version, different strokes for different folks.
I had to google that jibberish to see if you were calling me names. :)

Very timely....I was trying to think of a specific, peppery zin I had recently and I just couldn't recall the name. Then, coincidentally, I had the wine last night. This is the peppery one that I really like. It's Three Vines Zin by Manzanita Creek. The winery makes several zins but this one (3 Vines) is only sold through Costco (under $20). It's made from a blend of zin from 3 vineyards in Northern Cal.

Back