Moscato recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalGuy

Reaction score
Anyone have a good moscato recipe or any sweet wine recipe for that mater? Trying to keep the ladies happy over here. They all like the sweet wines. Seems to be the trend.

I have made Cornucopia White Pear Chardonnay for the ladies, but I added 5 lbs. of sugar to the primary as SS (simple syrup). It's sweet about 10% ABV and the ladies love it, me not so much. Another one is the Cornucopia Peach Chardonnay. I got them from Amazon and after the sugar and everything but the bottles it works out to about $1.50 per bottle:try

The ladies seem to like the back sweetened Pinot Grigio that I've now made twice. RJS VdV @ $75.00 from my LHBS and 500ML of simple syrup or 500ML of the commercial wine conditioner. My wife has valued a finished 750ML bottle at around $10.00! That's what, $300.00 worth of wine for approximately $100.00 (labor not included
smilie.gif
).

I make Moscato from Juice Buckets every season, approx 10 gallons, I back sweeten just slightly to offset the natural acidity, it doesn't last long!

Where to get the grapes, and The recipe? I'd like to try my hand at it..

Winexpert World Vineyard - California Moscoto is and excellent kit. I have made this twice now and it has excellent flavor and sweetness.

Will

Latest posts

Back