Mojito Skeeter anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDBOATNY

Reaction score
Thinking of making a Mojito flavored skeeter . Anyone tried this? Lime juice base, fresh mint in primary. Sounds good to me. Any tips, please share. Thanks!!

I started a 3 gallon batch of lime skeeter pee this morning. I also decided to add mint extract after fermentation, not knowing how fresh mint would ferment. Found Watkins mint extract at Walmart . I will post the recipe if successful.
Moj skitto!

im looking foward to seeing how this turns out. i wonder if using fresh mint u could brew it like a tea then put it in your primary of course i know next to nothing about using mint for wine making or much else but ive seen recipies for hybiscus wine that said to use boiling water and pour it over hybiscus to make a tea then add other stuff after that

I have seen this thread the past couple of days. Every time I see it, Mojito Skeeto goes thru my mind. Mite be a lable name there. Arne.

I have seen this thread the past couple of days. Every time I see it, Mojito Skeeto goes thru my mind. Mite be a lable name there. Arne.
I like it!:br
Hope it turns out ok. I tried putting a couple drops of mint extract in an ounce or two of the sweetened lime juice mixture. It taste very promising. We will see if it ferments ok. Made a starter with 1 can frozen apple juice and red star champagne yeast, recommended for citrus.

I started a 3 gallon batch of lime skeeter pee this morning. I also decided to add mint extract after fermentation, not knowing how fresh mint would ferment. Found Watkins mint extract at Walmart . I will post the recipe if successful.
Moj skitto!

I really like mojitos and if I can ferment something that comes close I am really interested.

Last edited:

im right there with ya Arne i was thinkin Moj-Skeeto

:b

I've had a couple request for this recipe, even though It isn't finished. Everything is going well as of now, so here goes:

This recipe is for a 3 gallon , Mojito flavored Skeeter pee

You will need (2) 5 gal. primary buckets
4 pints realime juice
5# sugar
1 can frozen fruit concentrate ( I used apple, white grape was considered)
yeast energizer
yeast neutrient
liquid pectin enzyme
Champagne yeast or equivalant
mint extract (spice area walmart)

In first primary (yeast starter): add frozen juice, 2 cans water, splash of lime juice,sprinkle of neutrient and energizer. Test with hydrometer, adjust to 20 brix.

2nd primary (must) gets:3 pints realime,1 tsp energizer, 2 tsp neutrient <1/4 tsp liquid pectin enzyme, enough water to make 3 gallons. Adjust sugar to 20 brix. (add 1/8 pound per gallon to raise 1 brix) I used about 3.75 pounds.

Stir both well (airiate) and leave for 24 hours, covered.
After 24 hours, add yeast to starter bucket, cover loosely, then go read the wine forum until the next morning.
When you see active fermentation, add about 1 qt. of the must, stir well. Give it about 12 hours, if fermentation is active, add the rest of the must.
Stir up daily.

You should still have 1 pint of lime juice. In a clean wine bottle, combine with 2 tsp neutrient, 1tsp energizer, 2 oz. sugar, and a couple drops of pectin enzyme. shake well, put in the frig.

When the mojito skeeto gets down to 10 or so brix, stir in the remaining liquid.

Ferment to dry in primary, rack, and stabilize with sorbate and Kmeta.
Sweaten to taste and add mint extract to taste, allow to clear, bottle.

I will update as this progresses, I may also try lime zest at some point, and put a mint leaf in a few bottles.
Thanks for the interest!

This sounds great!!! I was thinking of doing something like it, with orange & grapefruit instead of lime. You guys think that would taste ok? Or maybe I'll add lime juice too?

i say go for it and if its a lil off sugar or mixing with something else for a good cocktail is always an option :d

I did a "skeeter-ita" added in a frozen lime daquiri mix and a few cups of tequila to taste at bottling. It had lime pulp in it but it didn't bother me - just shake it up and it tasted amazing! It was a huge hit for summer

Polarhug said:
I did a "skeeter-ita" added in a frozen lime daquiri mix and a few cups of tequila to taste at bottling. It had lime pulp in it but it didn't bother me - just shake it up and it tasted amazing! It was a huge hit for summer

That sounds great too!

Mind if I snag the Mojito Skeeto name?? Would love to use it on my label
Go for it Snowgirl!
Mine has all worked out and has been in secondary with sparkoloid for 5 days. It is clearing very slowly. I may add superKleer soon as i am eager to add the mint and backsweeten. If it is good, I will be starting another larger batch very soon. The first 3 gallon batch was only to satisfy my curiosity.:wy

REDBOATNY said:
Go for it Snowgirl!
Mine has all worked out and has been in secondary with sparkoloid for 5 days. It is clearing very slowly. I may add superKleer soon as i am eager to add the mint and backsweeten. If it is good, I will be starting another larger batch very soon. The first 3 gallon batch was only to satisfy my curiosity.:wy

Awesome, thanks. Here it is. I CAN'T WAIT to try it! I have a feeling it gonna be a hit, especially since these AZ summers get so hot.

image-3640802801.jpg

Nice Label! We will have to swap notes. I don't usually label the pee's, they don't last long enough.:d

Latest posts

Back