Other Dry Rose Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longtrain

Reaction score
This past summer I purchased and really enjoyed a number of French dry rose's.

Is there a Dry Rose kit out there? I noticed a En Primeur Australian Grenache Rosé, is that dry or can it be made dry, if the design is off-dry?

Thanks,

Tony

I was searching for dry Rosé wine kits and found this thread. Since no one answered and I have the same question I will ask again?

Has anyone made any Rosé kits and not added (or fermented) the f-pak to make it dry?

I have made the WE Grenache Rosé dry and it turned out quite good, but wondering about some of the other kits that are out there.

thanks
Josh

I also did the Grenache Rose. Half the f-pack into primary with the rest to sweeten. It was very good prior to adding that remaining half f-pack and I almost didn't add it.

Can't speak for any other Rose kits though.

Thanks for the replies HeatherD and Boatboy24. I think I am going to try the WE White Merlot and ferment it dry. Will post how it turns out.

Josh

we have make a number of dry Rose and Dry white zinfandels. we add the whole f-pack at the beginning and ferment to dry. too much flavor in the f-pack to leave it out. if you want it off dry, save some for the end after stabilzing.

For anyone who has done both the Grenache Rose and another that is still available, how do they compare? I am looking for a high end blush kit but there really don't seem to be any good choices.

we have make a number of dry Rose and Dry white zinfandels. we add the whole f-pack at the beginning and ferment to dry. too much flavor in the f-pack to leave it out. if you want it off dry, save some for the end after stabilzing.

Doug,
What does the ABV get up to with the entire f-pack at the beginning?
Heather

Last night I sampled two kits of WE Grenache Rose that I made. With both kits I followed the directions quite closely with the exception of leaving out the sorbate.

The difference between them was that with one I added the f-pak in the primary and the other I discarded the f-pak and did not use all. I fermented both to dry.

I was surprised by how much more smooth and fruit forward was the kit that had no f-pak added. It reminded me of some of the better roses we had in Paris this summer. The kit with the f-pak also had a more artificial and chemical taste to it.

I also have a WE White Merlot which I just stabilized. I did not add the f-pak on that one either. Will post how it turned out when its ready.

Josh

Latest posts

Back