WineXpert Luna Bianca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishonline

Reaction score
So I went to the local brew shop on my lunch break to buy a 3 gallon carboy for a little Welch’s experiment I started last weekend… And of course I ended up walking out with a WE Luna Bianca kit. Me and my addictive behavior. :HB Anyway.. I read a few reviews after I got back and some folks said it was too sweet for them. I generally drink Chardonnay but I’m trying to branch out a bit from my usual. My question is has anybody tried this kit and if so is it just a little sweet or very sweet? Has anyone experimented with using ½ the f-pack in the primary or only adding ½ the f-pack when it’s in the secondary? I’m fearful that if I add the entire f-pack per the instructions that it may be too sweet for me.

I made this kit in 2010 per instructions, I didn't think it was too sweet at all. Having said that, my taste buds are different from your taste buds. I thought it was a nice off dry white. It's no where near the level of sweetness you get from an Island Mist.

I would use your own taste as the judge, taste it before you add the F-pack, then add some of the F-pack until you get to the taste you prefer.

Peace,
Bob

I've tried Luna Bianca that a friend made and found it to be dry, even though the website says it's "off-dry". IMO it was no where near what I would call "sweet" or even "semi-sweet".

From Winexpet website:

Premium | Selection Original Series | White
Luna Bianca

Winexpert's biggest, boldest white wine ever. In the spirit of the great full-bodied Chardonnays of California and Australia, Luna Bianca is lush, golden and rich. Dense, luscious, buttery aromas dance up from the glass. Flavours of tropical fruits blend with the vanilla-oak backing - a technique usually achieved through barrel fermentation with extended lees (yeast sediment) contact. The high alcohol finished wine is smooth and mouth filling. Includes an F-pack with pure Chardonnay juice - another industry first.

Sweetness: Off-Dry | Body: Full | Oak Intensity: Heavy

Ok thanks for you help. I think I will just follow the instructions on this one. I was suprised how much oak was in there. 4 packs of a fine oak powder. I think this will be a good one.

I've tried Luna Bianca that a friend made and found it to be dry, even though the website says it's "off-dry". IMO it was no where near what I would call "sweet" or even "semi-sweet".

From Winexpet website:

Premium | Selection Original Series | White
Luna Bianca

Winexpert's biggest, boldest white wine ever. In the spirit of the great full-bodied Chardonnays of California and Australia, Luna Bianca is lush, golden and rich. Dense, luscious, buttery aromas dance up from the glass. Flavours of tropical fruits blend with the vanilla-oak backing - a technique usually achieved through barrel fermentation with extended lees (yeast sediment) contact. The high alcohol finished wine is smooth and mouth filling. Includes an F-pack with pure Chardonnay juice - another industry first.

Sweetness: Off-Dry | Body: Full | Oak Intensity: Heavy

I made this and it turned out the color of apple juice. Is this ok?

We've made it before, and we'll make it again. I think "off dry" is about what we get out of it, and along with a bit of oak, it gives the "big buttery" feel of a chardonnay.

Latest posts

Back