17th Annual wine Classic Greater KC Cellarmasters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wine Classic competition for the Greater Kansas City Cellarmasters will be held Jan 29-30,2016.

Entries are due Jan 4-16, 2016. Entries are $10 and labels are $1.

Standard complement of medal awards plus prizes from our sponsors.

Judging sheets are returned with scores and comments. A great chance to see how great you wine can be.

attachment has detail of classes and entry forms.

good luck.

View attachment 2016 wine classic packet.pdf

Last edited:
How many typically enter this event?

OK for out-of-state entries?

Would love to attend this but I'm not driving 1/2 day to get there! Not sure if I'll enter this year or next:ib

Since we judge all wines together without distinction kit or other wise, their is no need to provide this information on the entry form.

Hey Sal, thank you for the PM regarding this event! As much as I would LOVE to enter it, I'm so green at this hobby it wouldn't be anything I would be proud to submit. HOWEVER, if this will be like a regular "wine festival" I would very much be interested in attending as a spectator!

The latest version on the KC Cellarmaster's website still says entries need to be received by the 10th. I would contact Jerry Judson [email protected] directly to see if it is indeed the 16th. The comp is not until the end of the January. I sent a few out on Monday.

Is any bottle type/color acceptable? Just as long as it 750 mil?
Thank you

The latest version on the KC Cellarmaster's website still says entries need to be received by the 10th. I would contact Jerry Judson [email protected] directly to see if it is indeed the 16th. The comp is not until the end of the January. I sent a few out on Monday.

What I see on the website says the 16th. But the packet says the 10th. So there is conflicting information here.

Hopefully it is the 16th because I'm sending out mine this Saturday the 9th.

Sal please clarify. If the deadline is indeed the 10th, then 1) that is a pretty narrow 6 day shipping window and 2) I'll save myself the trouble.

Untitled.png

as noted above the entry deadline is the 16th. sorry about the mixup.

Any type color bottle is acceptable. it must however not be distinctive as this is to be a blind tasting. the bottle shape may identify the winemaker. standard 750ml or two 375ml bottles are acceptable.

Latest posts

Back