Dragon Blood help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, i'm making a 1 gallon batch of D.B. and it's fermenting quickly it's at SG 1.046 on the second day.
My question is whether i can add (Super-Smoother) Sinatin and glycerine to it after it's finished.
This product is meant to reduce the aging time and smooths harsh or young wines.
I also don't have Potassium Sorbate am i good with out it?
What's the best method to degas wine?

I have no idea about the super smoother but you cannot backsweeten unless you add sorbate but since it is only one gallon you could probably just keep it in the frig and I don't see where you need to degass since it is a one gallon batch.

For the others: Sinatin 17 is a liquid oak extract.

I agree with Julie. More specifically, I think you could add your super smoother, but personally I would give it a miss. Another question is: would be able to add the right amount for 1 gallon? The packages of Super Smoother that I have seen online are prepackaged for 6 gallons.

The best ways to degas wine include: Time, vigorous stirring, and/or vacuum. Having the wine at a warm temperature (~mid 70's) helps a lot in all cases.

For a 1-gallon batch, you may be able to put it into a larger vessel and just shake it. Maybe get a second 1-gallon jug, and pour half into each. Shake the hell out of it.

Thanks

For the others: Sinatin 17 is a liquid oak extract.

I agree with Julie. More specifically, I think you could add your super smoother, but personally I would give it a miss. Another question is: would be able to add the right amount for 1 gallon? The packages of Super Smoother that I have seen online are prepackaged for 6 gallons.

The best ways to degas wine include: Time, vigorous stirring, and/or vacuum. Having the wine at a warm temperature (~mid 70's) helps a lot in all cases.

For a 1-gallon batch, you may be able to put it into a larger vessel and just shake it. Maybe get a second 1-gallon jug, and pour half into each. Shake the hell out of it.

Thanks. Why would you not put it? I might add it to one bottle just to try it out and i then post the results here.
Thanks fro the replies, i really appreciate it! :b

Latest posts

Back