What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cooking up a beef tenderloin with a dry rub consisting of pepper corns, salt, and herbs de province. I also lightly spread garlic and onion on the top of the rub for additional flavor. Being served with the tenderloin are twice baked potatoes, green beans and garlic bread. Wine for the evening is Bushy Run Winery Barolo. Wine compliments of Bill. I'll post a pic later if my wife doesn't think I'm nuts for taking the picture.

Spinach and ricotta tortelloni, drenched in marinara paired with Peachy Keen (Dragon Blood recipe tweeked using peaches). Happy Labor Day to everyone, and lets kick off Autumn and Harvest time!!!!!

Last night was filets, fingerling potatoes and asparagus all on the Weber. Filets were given a kiss of olive oil and rubbed with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and a hint of onion and garlic powder. Then finished off with a shallot/thyme butter. Asparagus was marinated with olive oil, salt and pepper, then lightly grilled and finished with lemon zest and parmesan cheese. The taters had a light coat of oil, and were seasoned with Penzey's "BBQ 3000", then grill roasted. I had a bottle of my cellar craft sterling merlot opened, so I paired with that. Would have preferred something "bigger".

Ate like crazy all weekend..

Friday - "boilermaker chillie with sweet corn bread paired with a nice petit sarah.

Saturday - "sunday sauce" - tomato sauce with meatballs, sausage, and "two bone" ribs that was slow cooked in the oven for HOURS! served over rigatoni pasta. Paired with a nice san gio

Sunday - Smoked briscut, cornell chicken, and smoked pork loin (bone-in). Has pot salad, pasta salad and much more. went back to the petit sarah.

Monday - made simple meat sauce. Petit Sarah once again.

Tuesday - stomache exploded. (lol)

Sumac dusted chicken thighs on a bed of garden grown Swiss chard. YUM!

1229912_10100269770774339_612118195_n.jpg

Care to share that "Sunday Sauce" recipe, John? It sounds awesome.

fry sausage in cast iron pot and remove. Cut ribs into "riblets" of 2 bones each, fry, and remove.
fry 1 med onion (shopped) and 1 small can of tom. paste until paste is almost black. fry 4 cloves of garlic for 1 mintue, then add 3 cans of crushed tom, basil, red wine (1/4 bottle), and 2 tablespoons of sugar. add sausage and meat back to the pan.

Make meatballs and bake in roasting pan. When done, add to sauce. Place whole opt into oven set to 325 for several hours. Enjoy!

fry sausage in cast iron pot and remove. Cut ribs into "riblets" of 2 bones each, fry, and remove.
fry 1 med onion (shopped) and 1 small can of tom. paste until paste is almost black. fry 4 cloves of garlic for 1 mintue, then add 3 cans of crushed tom, basil, red wine (1/4 bottle), and 2 tablespoons of sugar. add sausage and meat back to the pan.

Make meatballs and bake in roasting pan. When done, add to sauce. Place whole opt into oven set to 325 for several hours. Enjoy!

Thank you. For the ribs, do you use pork spare ribs, or something else?

Mexican take out ("Mexico" as my daughter calls it) with a bottle of skittle wine!

(I have absolutely zero class!)

Pork tenderloin marinated in sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic. A foil pack of seasoned taters and green beans, steamed up on the grill. SWAMBO made an excellent pairing with a WE Aussie Chardonnay. I am overcome with a general sense of well being. Is there anything better than a good meal, a good wine and a good friend/family to share them with?

BC

whats for dinner tonight

was going to make sammys chicken fajitas, but while at store, they had babyback ribs cheap.

its boiled ribs with cabbage potato dumplings and hot water cornbread.
can not get more southern then that......

its boiled ribs with cabbage potato dumplings and hot water cornbread.
can not get more southern then that......

Why would you want to? Sounds delightful.

Back