Latest Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Labels for my next two batches:

20080613_063806_Chadronnay.JPG

20080613_063949_Viognier.JPG

Thanks to the Gold Peak Iced Tea Co. for the lake pic. I replaced the iced tea glasses with wine glasses.

Edit: I just noticed the borders did not come through in this posting. The borders are a little different on the actual labels. The lake one is like a frame in a frame...kinda cool. The outer borders are double lined.Edited by: Jeff H

Hey NW...Thanks. These are 2 wines planned for late summer so I was looking for labels that conveyed a simple, laid back attitude. Jeff

Nice work, Jeff!!! I want to be sitting in one of those Adirondack chairs!!! It looks sooo peaceful!

Great job on the labels. If no one beats me there i'll tke the chair next to Joan'sEdited by: Waldo

Jeff, how did you take a label and edit it? (glasses of tea to wine glasses)?
What software are you using to create labels?

Hey uavwmn...I use standard programs nothing special.

The Lake pic is from an Iced Tea product by Gold Peak. I copied and saved the pic from their website.I did all the modifications to it using MS-Paint.First I erased the Tea glasses which left a blank white spot.

I did a google search and found a wine glass picture. I had to re-size the glass to fit the lake pic and then I just pasted it onto the lake pic. From there I used the standard tools in MS-Paint to re-fill in the background. Since, the pic is shrunk to fit a label I didn't have to be precise in filling in the background, you can't tell it was blank. I saved the new picture as a .jpg file.

In MS-Word I created the wine bottle labels. Using text boxes and fill effects I created the main background and text. Lastly, I pasted the modified lake pic into the label. You then group everything, copyand paste it numerous time to make a full sheet. Print on a laser printer.

I use a glue stickto adhere the labels to the bottles. A trick I learned from Ramona, use a magazine when putting the glue on the back of the label and use a new page for each label. This keeps the glue off of the front of the label.

I hope this helps. JeffEdited by: Jeff H

Hey Joe, not prepasted. Plain old regular printer paper.
Thanks for the kind words
smiley32.gif

Jeff,
Yep, I'm pretty much settled but still have unpacked boxes in the garage. Guess it is stuff I never really needed anyway.

Thanks for asking!!!

Ramona

IF I HAVE ONE STRONG WEAKNESS ITS MY LABELS JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME TO MASTER THE ART///////////////////HATS OFF TO THE EXCELLENT LABEL MAKERS ON THIS FORUM

Latest posts

Back