How can I make Jager?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as i have never distilled (illegal in my country), i couldn't think of what to tell you to do. or "google".
But according to the Jagermeister Wiki the flavorings include 56 herbs, fruits, roots, and spices including citrus peel, liquorice, anise, poppy seeds, saffron, ginger, juniper berries and ginseng.

Don't know how easy that would be to ferment.
Maybe as a sort of herbal tea f-pack to a sugar wine?

Well even if someone did know how to make it we can not discuss that here. Distilling is illegal and it is better left alone. Please to do ask how or discuss how to make alcohol on this site.

Hi..

Hi.. abefroman.. I don't know how to make pure Jager alcohol but I am telling you similar recipe of making Jagerbomb Alcoholic Drink.

Jagerbombs are easy to make. They are to be served straight up, no ice in a Tom Collins or highball glass.

Jagerbomb Ingredients-

1 shot Jagermeister liqueur
1/2 can Red Bull energy drink

Pour the Red Bull energy drink into a glass. Drop a shot glass filled with Jagermeister into the glass. Chug away.

A Jagerbomb can be made with other energy drinks. Some claim that other energy drinks don't taste as good. Others like them better. Your best bet is to mix Jagermeister with whatever energy drink you like best.

If anyone knows a good recipe then please tell us.

Well even if someone did know how to make it we can not discuss that here. Distilling is illegal and it is better left alone. Please to do ask how or discuss how to make alcohol on this site.

You're right, its illegal in all 50 states, and more complicated and dangerous than wine or beer.

My apologies for posting that.

Seems you can take a neutral alcohol, like vodka, and add the spices to it, and get something close in flavor atleast. There are many homemade liqueur recipes using a neutral alcohol for the base and then adding in fruit to soak or spices and herbs. And of course sugar syrup to sweeten as most liqueurs do have some sweetness.

Homemade Jager

There is no distillation process in cordials. ALL of them begin with a neutral spirit. (i.e.: vodka), then added extracts, herbs, etc. (yes, its that simple)

I too am looking for suggestions as to make my version of Jager better.

But I can share this bit of info with you all about my recipe:

one fifth 190 proof PGA

(3) bags hard anise candy <--this provides the liquorice flavor, sweetener, and mouth-feel all in one step!

Melt the candy in two quarts of water.

orange bitters (very little)

1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Maybe less. Be careful with this, almond can be VERY over-powering.

1/8 cup instant coffee. (for color)

I have used anise extract, then added Karo syrup for sweetener and mouth-feel.

Add sugar to taste.

Any suggestions welcome

I have Liquor Quik"s "Jagenbitter Schnapps" essence ($4.49).
Pour contents of .65oz bottle and 1/2 cup sugar in a 1 liter bottle and top off with 40% vodka. shake untill sugar is disolved, add glycerine, 1 oz if diesired.

Oops, not on the web site yet.....
something to work on..

Ok, I'll ask, why not just buy a bottle of Jager?

$25-$30 for a bottle of Jager, $4.49 (essence)+ $5-$15 for vodka.....

Oh :slp
eek.gif

I used to fish on a :dbboat called the "Northern Jaeger", went to Siberia and back on her. I have been drinking Jaegers since long before that and have only been able to come up with 50 ingredients, so I drank the fliipping vodka, and toasted to the boat and her crew

Im not sure what a dancing banana has to do with it, but geez, what the hell? LMFAO.

(Julie, can I say LMFAO?)
F stands for Fairbanks

Morning Troy,

Well if you don't get a crap load of astericks when you type something, then yes you can type that. LOL but you know if you are bad I'm going to yell at you. :tz

Ive been real bad, I probably deserve a good spankin

lol
good t o see you too!
:w

Latest posts

Back