Vineco New Passport 2017 limited editions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else tasted their Cab Sauv Rosé recently? Ours is just over 7 months old, and we really, really like this kit. I don't typically drink rosés, but my wife wanted this kit, and I'm glad she ordered it. I kept finding myself smelling and re-tasting from my glass because I find it so interesting to drink and I have a really hard time categorizing the flavors. I think in the back of my mind, I know there's a cab sauv flavor, and the red wine drinker in me keeps wanting to search it out.

Has anyone else tasted their Cab Sauv Rosé recently? Ours is just over 7 months old, and we really, really like this kit. I don't typically drink rosés, but my wife wanted this kit, and I'm glad she ordered it. I kept finding myself smelling and re-tasting from my glass because I find it so interesting to drink and I have a really hard time categorizing the flavors. I think in the back of my mind, I know there's a cab sauv flavor, and the red wine drinker in me keeps wanting to search it out.

Did you change out your yeast or use the 1118 that came with?

Did you change out your yeast or use the 1118 that came with?
I used 1118 for this one. I considered swapping yeast, but I didn't really have a good reason why, so I only ignored the sorbate and bulk aged until my juice buckets were ready.

We are loving this kit so far and anxious to see how it matures. Does anyone know if it is being offered again this year?

Loving the cab sauv rose in my house, too. It's been in bottle 3 months (8 months old since pitching yeast). We plan to bring a bottle (or two) to Thanksgiving dinner. I think it'll pair great with turkey and cranberries!

Had no intentions of buying this kit but so very glad that we did! Started it on Feb. 20, bottled it 4 weeks ago, its amazing...:)

Another thumbs up here for the Cabernet Sauvignon Rose. Mine is still young (started 7/9, bottled 10/9), but I cracked a bottle right before Thanksgiving and loved it. Still just a touch of that 'young kit white' taste, but by spring it will be awesome. Sadly, it may not make it through next summer.

The cabernet sauvignon rose is my favorite kit I have done so far. I really wish I made 2 batches of it.

Another thumbs up here for the Cabernet Sauvignon Rose. Mine is still young (started 7/9, bottled 10/9), but I cracked a bottle right before Thanksgiving and loved it. Still just a touch of that 'young kit white' taste, but by spring it will be awesome. Sadly, it may not make it through next summer.

I assume no sorbate since there's no f-pack in that kit. This means the so-called kit taste is not coming from sorbate.

I wish I could find a retailer with that kit still on the shelf.

I assume no sorbate since there's no f-pack in that kit. This means the so-called kit taste is not coming from sorbate.

I wish I could find a retailer with that kit still on the shelf.

Correct. It's just 'young', though there is something in common with other white kits I've done (can't quite put my finger on it though). Still quite good, despite its age.

Has anyone tasted their Kookaburra kit recently? Mine is still in carboy bulk aging, and it received its 9 month racking yesterday. I get a lot of ripe red/dark berry flavors, and both the taste and nose are already on level to commercial GSMs that I've tasted. For me, this kit went from "Meh, I hope it gets better" to "Holy crap this is one of my favorite wines already." It might be winemaker's bias or it might have been the lowered expectations, but I didn't know I like GSMs this much.

Has anyone tasted their Kookaburra kit recently? Mine is still in carboy bulk aging, and it received its 9 month racking yesterday. I get a lot of ripe red/dark berry flavors, and both the taste and nose are already on level to commercial GSMs that I've tasted. For me, this kit went from "Meh, I hope it gets better" to "Holy crap this is one of my favorite wines already." It might be winemaker's bias or it might have been the lowered expectations, but I didn't know I like GSMs this much.
Yes, we just had a bottle last week! Much like you, we were a little underwhelmed when we bottled it at 6 months but it is really coming along. Just at the 10 month mark and we're very pleased :)

Latest posts

Back