Vineco Bent Grape kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
Summer is approaching and Vineco has announced a new brand...Bent Grape. This appears to be similar to Winexpert's Twisted Mist line; however alcohol is listed at 6.5% for Bent Grape on the web page. I think Twisted Mist is 13-14%.

Flavours announced are Strawberry Daiquiri, and Piña Colada.

A smidge of info is available at
http://www.vinecowine.com/Bent Grape.php

Also a limited release Niagara Mist White Pear Pinot Grigio.

Steve

6.5 ABV... won't that be an experimenter's dream come true!

Huh, with an abv that low it sounds more like a normal mist kit but by the link does sound more like the Twisted Mist.

The Pina Coloda sounds pretty tasty. :dg
Wonder how soon they'll be coming out with them.

I just got the "official" word about the Bent Grape series a couple of days ago. The manufacturer tells me the Pina Colada kits will be available from them on March 15... delivery at each retail location will depend upon the retailer's / distributor's order cycle.

The launch date for the Strawberry Daiquiri cocktail kits will be announced soon!

Hope that helps.

I have never made any of those twisted mist kits, are these Bent grape kits, simalar to the niagra mist kits. I understand they are a 4 week kit, anything different about them?

hmmm, i been thinking of doing a kit.

Should i do it "by the book"?
or should i boost the ABV with some extra sugar?
or corn sugar?

oh wait, not only do i not have it yet, they aren't even available. :)

These sound like an inexpensive summertime drink. They probably keep the ABV low so you can drink several by the pool in the summer without getting trashed. No worries about keeping because you drink early and often with them so they are gone before summer is done- unless you are like ArcticSid and live in perpetual winter with 2 days of mosquitos - er summer.

I just picked up and started the piña colada yesterday. I can't wait. I might bottle these into some Corona bottles and cap 'em up. Sounds like something I'd like to have out of a single serve bottle.

This refreshing and smooth Daiquiri will bend you to its charms. The vibrant colour, aroma and flavour of fresh, ripe strawberries will delight you from your very first sip.A special red blend developed by our Winemaster to meet most of your entertaining needs. A light bodied dry wine for easy drinking.

Sugar Code: 0 Alcohol by Vol: 11.5%

California Connoisseur™ is a celebration of sunshine. Made from the finest grape concentrates California has to offer, California Connoisseur™ has become synonymous with outstanding wines of distinctive character, worthy of being served to all who appreciate the proud heritage of the vintner's art. In as little as 28 days you can create wines of impressive bouquet, flavor and structure. Kit makes 23L / 6 US gallons / 30 x 750 ml bottles

Food Pairing Suggestion: Soft & Creamy Cheese, Tomato Sauces & Spices, Pork, Vegetarian, Full Flavor Dishes, Wild Fowl, Lamb, Game, Beef.

Bent Grape has some new "twists". One box, 2 half packs. Has anyone tried the Strawberry Dream/Lemon Kiss yet? By the way, with the Pina Colada, I added 3 extra cups of sugar to get the alcohol higher, then when drinking, I mix one frozen Bacardi Pina Colada and 1.9 litre of Orange Tropical in a pitcher. Then I put batches of half this mixture and half wine on ice in a blender.

Latest posts

Back