Apple Pie Moonshine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started a batch of the peach pie tonight only used 1/2 the sugar. I have it in a glass jar to clear will hopefully be cleared in a week. Then will add 1/2 cup peach schnapps and a pint of the other spirits

ForumRunner_20131014_204421.jpg

Last edited:
i made some spiced peach just like the apmoonshine and it is excellent.
looking good there.john

Thanks James I started a peach but it went south on me I don't know what happened but this is my 3 red batch of apple in 2 months I can't keep it around

Thanks James I started a peach but it went south on me I don't know what happened but this is my 3 red batch of apple in 2 months I can't keep it around

John, what happened to the peach? Better go easy on this stuff, it really sneaks up on you.

I added some fresh peaches waited a few days to add alcohol and it molded I was sick that I had to toss it. but live and learn. And yes it is real smooth it does sneak up on you.

Took the kids to a corn maze/pumpkin smashing/orchard place this weekend.
Walked out with a nice gallon of fresh cider.

Looks like this coming weekend I will be making a 2 gallon batch!

I don't have one clove. I'm wondering if 1/8 tsp of ground cloves is good or too much??? Need an answer ASAP!!!!

I don't have one clove. I'm wondering if 1/8 tsp of ground cloves is good or too much??? Need an answer ASAP!!!!

That should be about right. But no more than 1/8 tsp. Store bought ground cloves are very fine.
You can always add more later if you want. Just can't take it out.

Be sure not to make it a heaping spoon.

I put in less than 1/8 tsp, but I am a tad worried when I took the lid off the pot as the concoction simmered, I got a big whiff of clove. I will keep the lid off and see if the smell dissipates. Thanks Lori!!!

Still smells a little clovey, but I just took it off simmer. Let's see what happens when it cools.

I also have the Everclear to add, as well as the Vanilla Vodka. I ALSO picked up a Carmel Apple liquore (15%ABV) and am wondering if I add 1 cup of that with the Everclear and Vodka, will that be TOO much alcohol or too many flavors?

that combination sounds wonderful! IMO you can't have too much alcohol. But, I would add the everkleer and vodka and them maybe 1/2 of the caramel, taste it and see if it needs more.
The clove should not be too bad after blending with the liquors a while. It can be strong when boiling.

Thanks Lori. I'm going to have to send you a mason jar for all your assistance. :)

has anyone made this with other than 190 proof. in my area all i can get is 100 proof.

has anyone made this with other than 190 proof. in my area all i can get is 100 proof.

I have not. If you follow the basic recipe most use (2 parts apple cider, 2 parts apple juice, 1 part Everclear 190Proof) you end up with an alcohol content of about 19%.

Going with the same basic recipe using 100 proof is going to result in about 10% alcohol, probably nothing wrong with that it will be just be more of an apple cider/juice wine.

You could increase the ratio of Everclear to the juice and cider to get the abv up, but I am not sure what that would do to the taste.

Last edited:
I have a half gallon of vodka that I would like to make a batch with. I'm going to double the vodka to 6 cups, keep the vanilla vodka to 1, and add a half cup of caramel apple liquoer. I night cut the white sugar back to half a cup and add back in as needed.

that sounds good...hoka...i swear, though i might have to move somewhere that gets cold just to drink the stuff....

Latest posts

Back