Vineco Cheeky Monkey Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloo

Reaction score
Hey so my first "succesful" batch is finally complete. I trying it now and it tastes pretty good. A little strong but good. I will be botteling it on sunday with my dad. He used to make some homemadewine a few years ago but had to stop because he was drinking it too fast. So now he's really excited to come help me out.
I will post some pics of the finished bottles when we're done.

Next I want to try Cheeky Monkey Shiraz.:dg

Congrats! I haven't made any of the Cheeky Monkey kits but I've heard they are pretty good. Your wine will be harsh for a bit - it should settle down in a couple of months - try to keep some for 6 months to a year and note the difference as the wine matures. It's great to have your Dad with you.

I've not made the merlot but have made a CM malbec and pinot gris. IMO these were very good to be just 10l kits. I think they are considerably better than Vineco's Ken Ridge Classic kits which are also 10l. As someone else noted, your wine will improve with some age.

I've not made the merlot but have made a CM malbec and pinot gris. IMO these were very good to be just 10l kits. I think they are considerably better than Vineco's Ken Ridge Classic kits which are also 10l. As someone else noted, your wine will improve with some age.

The Cheeky Monkey are all Country Specific, so Im guessing they come from a better source than the Kenridge Classic. That being said The RJS Grand Cru International with 12L and dried skins are only about $10 more than both at my local store.

Back