Wine Kitz 1 gallon kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineista

Reaction score
Anyone know of where I can get a 1 gallon wine kit? :a1

Ive been making my own 1 gallon recipes, but would like to try a wine kit.

Thanks!

I think you're going to have an extremely hard time finding a 1gl kit. You could try dividing a standard kit, but I would not recommend it.

Can I ask what your objection is to the standard size kits?

The only thing close to that that would be any good at all would be the Mosti Mondiale Toolbox where it comes with everything needed to make a decent gallon batch. Very limited of the types available though. Im not even sure if they still sell it anywhere. Most kits are 6 gallons with the exception of some dessert wines like port or ice wine that are 3 gallon batches.

They sell 1 gallon kits in the UK. Not sure if anybody there will ship you a kit.

The Wine Kitz franchise stores (to keep this thread On Topic for the forum it's in) had a 1 gallon kit up until 2-3 years ago. I know it was still around in Sept 2008, but not sure when it was dropped.

Steve

Can I ask what your objection is to the standard size kits?

I have limited space to work with. The 2 gallon buckets and 1 gallon jugs are the only thing that will fit in my pantry area. My husband and I are travel nurses and we live in an RV so not much space to work with :/ I would love to try some 6 gallon batches once we are done traveling... but that will be in a few years.

Concentrate mix

Might try some concentrate mixtures.
Maybe mix the grape with cranberry and add a favorite accent additive a cup or so.
Apricot
Kiwi
Citrus zest
Strawberry
Mango?
I think you get the point
2 lbs of sugar, yeast
30 to 45 days later and a couple racks
Specialized wine
Oak chips and other tweaks are also available
Currently I have a cranberry 1gallon underway to add to a partial batch of fresh local grape wine.
Creating a couple wines with the combination.

Thanks! I might have to try that.... maybe next I will do a cran-grape.... sounds delish!

Might try some concentrate mixtures.
Maybe mix the grape with cranberry and add a favorite accent additive a cup or so.
Apricot
Kiwi
Citrus zest
Strawberry
Mango?
I think you get the point
2 lbs of sugar, yeast
30 to 45 days later and a couple racks
Specialized wine
Oak chips and other tweaks are also available
Currently I have a cranberry 1gallon underway to add to a partial batch of fresh local grape wine.
Creating a couple wines with the combination.

Also, figure 4 cans per gallon. Get a hydrometer and add sugar to 1.085. I would not add sugar blindly.

Latest posts

Back