juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could contact your local wine supply store for one way. Ask them.

Google Regina Juice and ask for local suppliers.

What area are you in?

deep south louisiana, on the coast. no local wineries here, lots of crayfish and alligators but no wineries

edit: hummmmmm? crayfish wine?

There is a winery on the south side in Vacherie Louisiana called Becnel Plantation, it's less than an hour north of Houma.

Where are you originally from? Nobody from down on the bayou uses the word crayfish. LoL

CRAWFISH wine might be something you could make with a modified skeeter pee recipe. Probably have to add almost everything on the back end. I can't see any yeast holding up well to crawfish boil seasoning, which is mostly really concentrated pepper extract.

Last edited:
born and raised in galliano. on bayou lafourche.

figured i'd use crayfish so the northerns would understand what i was taking about (wink) but we call them crawfish fish , crawfish farms all around me here, alligator farms too. i take care of a crawfish pond here next to my home, smallish pond about 6 acres but we take enough to sell a few sacks to pay expenses and eat all we want. sorta a family pond?

wheres your location desertmaker, sounds like you know this area

I'm from just outside of Baton Rouge. I've been to Galliano quite a few times, I grew up crabbing and fishing out of Point Aux Chenes.

i'm in that WMA often, my stomping ground for fishing, i launch at basons boat launch next to alligator farm. i live just a bit down the bayou from there on 308. went for those big crabs a couple weeks ago in grand bayou, got a nice ice chest full of the big select males but they were on the skinny side, another month or so and they should fill out

been frogging in lake bouf alot this summer (behind raceland), we went a couple nights ago ( friday)and got almost 300. shut it down at 11:30. wanted to go back saturday night but my steering broke on the boat when i was picking it up at the launch running it up on the trailer. gotta change teleflex cable that broke on my mudboat.

Yeah we're in the middle of swapping our motor from a Bateaux to a V-Hull so we can fish the lake even when it's rough. Haven't been able to do much but hit the swamp since Dads big boat kicked the bucket. :-( Almost 0 fishing since we started that project. Looking forward to deer season instead.

Latest posts

Back