Alternate name for Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!

What do you call it when you don't want "pee" in the name?

I've seen a few optional names for the stuff. What's yours?

I have run into people who are reluctant to drink "pee" and therefore call it simply, "lemon wine"

But it is yours, you made it
call it anything you want!

Come on, how can you not love these. Some classic labels I searched out. Have to give Lon his due.

BlueberrySkeeterPee.jpg

mosquito.jpg

Skeeter%20Pee.jpg

StrawberrySkeeterPee.jpg

Come on, how can you not love these. Some classic labels I searched out. Have to give Lon his due.

I do like them, for what they are. I'm just not going to call it Skeeter Pee. I do like Teachers Ade, it's a clever play on words. I suppose I'll really need to taste it to name it. I don't want to call it wine if it's more like a lemonade. Maybe I'll just go with Hard Lemon. Really though, I'm just wondering what you guys are calling yours.

Informally, I call it skeeter pee. For my Mother In Law, I don't want to break out the good stuff because she wouldn't appreciate it -- she likes Harvey's Bristol Cream and I don't keep that stuff on hand. She wouldn't drink anything called "pee" so I call Lon's creation "House Wine" or "Lemon House Wine". I back sweeten it just a little and she likes it just fine.

My MIL is easier to be around when she's had a couple. But then again, I've had a couple by then too.

What is wrong with honoring the original maker of a original recipe with the name he chose. So if you don't like the name come up with your own recipe for a wine and then you can make up your name. GET OVER IT.....

What is wrong with honoring the original maker of a original recipe with the name he chose. So if you don't like the name come up with your own recipe for a wine and then you can make up your name. GET OVER IT.....

I just don't like the word pee in something I'm drinking, a lot of other people don't either. It doesn't really matter because it's just a name, but I don't want to call it that. If it bothers you that I want to name it something else you might as well get over it, because it doesn't matter to me.

What is in a name? Do you all not eat pea soup, what about sweet peas and butter, how about Pee Can Pie? Or peanuts! That's a double whammy Pee And Nuts. If you make it by Lon's recipe and call it something else, Is that not plagiarism? What about assprin? Oh my we may have opened up a whole new can of worms! And Toe foo how does one know there is no toe jam in it? I'm just going to join a monastery.. a clean sterile one. And eat nothing but mush. drink mountain spring water, By way of Coors of course.

I personally have nothing against skeeter pee... but I have heard it so often on this forum that it has become synonymous with the quick to make and quick to drink refreshing lemonade that we all know and love. But when I serve it to guests who are not wine makers and they are seeing it for the first time I do refer to it as Lemon wine, or Hard Lemonade. Love the Teachers'ade, might use that if it is alright!

I think you're stretching it. None of those things you mention mean urine, which is my only issue with the name. It's just not the image I want to put in people's heads when they're drinking something I made. Plagiarism? I don't think so.

Really, Seriously? How bout Skeeter Lathyrus then.

I personally have nothing against skeeter pee... but I have heard it so often on this forum that it has become synonymous with the quick to make and quick to drink refreshing lemonade that we all know and love. But when I serve it to guests who are not wine makers and they are seeing it for the first time I do refer to it as Lemon wine, or Hard Lemonade. Love the Teachers'ade, might use that if it is alright!

By all means go ahead and use it. Happy to help. Pm me if you want the file. I think I've got it as jpg and png

I agree with Qui that it would great if it could be called something different.

It's called pee based on what is looks like which leads to a distasteful association so I would agree with Qui that searching for an alternative name is justified. "Pee" and "Pea" are different. If it was green and shaped like the vegetable and referred to as pea I don't think he'd have the same question. It's the association of the drink to urine, not the phonetic sound so I'm lost on the logic of the argument.

Of course you are! was there an argument?

OH, Do you spell it when you say it? Like some kind of foghorn leghorn!
What kind of wine is this.? It's sheeter pee! That's P E E I say, I say son skeeter PEE!

Now, With that I am formally requesting you to leave me out of any of your posts. Do not quote me, do not answer any of my posts and do not reference me in any way shape or form. Is that Clear Derek?

Is this for real? This seems to be getting out of hand for something quite silly.

Personally, I think you call it what you want and who cares. We are drinking this for personal use and sharing with friends and not selling it or claiming that it is ours. Call it anything and if someone wants to know more about it, you can point them to the Skeeter Pee Recipe page.

Cheers folks!

I made Skeeter Pee when Lon first posted his recipe. It was very good.I kept the name he came up with and had fun with the label. A good number of people were put off with the name. If I made it again I would change the name so people could just get past it and enjoy the drink.

Folks, lets move on and respect each other's opinions and posts.

skeeter label.JPG

Since my batch clocked in right at 10%, I was thinking of using the name of the fruit(s) + X. Cranberry X and Cranberry Lime X for my first two. I'm not completely sold on it though. I'll see how the finished product tastes and decide.

Latest posts

Back