What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishd cutting down my new steel door for the basement which Ill install tomorrow, Its all set now and ready to go. Cut 2 1/8' off the botto which included the wood so I had to route out all the insulation in there and glue back in the bottom rail which also holds the sweep.

As soon as I finish up here, it's now a little after 8am, I'll get started with my house chores.
It's a PITA not having any work, so being my wife is bringing home the bacon, I do all I can.
They are having a bake sale to help one of the people where she works so last night she was up late decorating a cake. That what she does.
I finally went to bed about 8pm and she came in about 1am.
Our kitchen looks like one of U. S. Grant's armies has fought thru it, so I'll start there. :slp

Bottling 2 wines today Italian pinot grigio and Trio Blanca . Then making a white wine sauce for a mix of lobster,mussels,shrimp and scallops oh & some haddock .First time making it so I hope it turns out .Then I'm going to relax tonight .

got really bad news today , my BF is leaving me :( her and her DH are being re-assigned to cali!! as far awy from me as they can get and still be CONUS (continential US) ......between that, school, and iritations, my day has been not so great .......need a drink now i think!

Sucks when you lose friends :( but sounds like a reason for a road trip.

Our wines are bottled & corked (synthetic lol ) the wine sauce made & it turned out great ,had to mess around with the recipe thruogh . DH Loved it .May add it to the recipe part of site .I didn't have time to gets my shrinks on but that can be done any time .Drinking the Italian Pinot grigio right it's fine without aging can't wait to see how it could get better with age .

A beautiful day here. I set up my new grill rotisserie and coffee roaster drum and roasted 1 lb of Columbian Supremo coffee beans. Came out looking and smelling good.

Watch that coffee roaster

Almost burned my house down with one of those. Since then, I got reall happy with Costco beans!

I racked 35 gallons of paso robles cab/merlot blend today after work 30 gallons were in a french oak barell
carmine

Almost burned my house down with one of those. Since then, I got reall happy with Costco beans!

I think you guys need to be like crazy Canadians and buy your coffeee already brewed and has your cream & sugar already in it ,and it sucks I'll have to serve it at 7am tomorrow .What was I thinking I should have booked the day off since I'm still enjoying my pass time now of drinking what I make lol :d

LOL wow yall! im impressed by this board daily, ...roasting your own beans.....dang thats some coffee lovin'!! i myself do not like coffemuch. so when i get a wild hair and want some i run thru the drive thru and grab it! maybe spen 12 bucks a year on coffee LOL!

Well, here's the deal. Starbucks in slang is "Charbucks" They go way beyond char, so they can charge us more! For a while I had a coffee bean roaster, and I bought those green beans from columbia, but yes, the roaster caught on fire. I find Costco beans are just fine with me and he!

Got me door in today and will go to "The Depot tomorrow and buy some lumber and screening and build my own custom screen door. After that I will bottle 2 batches of wine, sweeten another and rack off oak of even another. If I have anything left in me Ill start a Blueberry Melomel thats been waiting in the wind and keg my Magic Hat #9 and let it carb naturally in there to save some C02.

Brooding ducks. I wanted Pekin for meat, but the kids thought the brown ones were nice, so we got 4 Pekin and 2 Khaki Campbells, which are egg layers. Tomorrow will be building a brood house and then a duck coop out by the pond.

have just thrown a pork roast ( with crackling!) in the oven.. and doing crispy garlic and rosemary roast potatoes to go with it..

checked my cider and they've all finished fermenting.. so will have to get onto racking them..

sucky year for fruit harvest.. only 10 gallons this year.. and the harvest was a month early due to lack of rain.

I think we've got all the rain here Allie.
I've got a cold so I'm just pampering myself and playing with my wines today.

Mud, i am going to try and milk my cats. Any suggestions?

LOL.

Some day I will tell you about my pet rooster, F.D.R. he lived in the cabin with me and the cats. he would sit on the couch for hours and liked to watch TV. He would sit on your lap and coo like a dove if you skritched his neck. LOL. What do i have to tell you to prove I am a quack too?! LMFAO

Didn't even start about the geese......

Gloves?
I'm slowly moving toward hobby farm here. Very slowly. Hopefully later this year I'll get rabbit production started. That should be it for animals, except for maybe a goat. I've got this hillside that's weedy and will be a pain to clear. Might get a goat to stake out there until he's eaten it clear. Then the goat will be set free in the neighbor's lawn. :)

we saw chicks n ducks at TSC yesterday and no matter how much i begged i was not allowed to get em!! i even promised to eat them and not just have pets...but he said id have to butcher it my self and that aint gonna happen.....thats what other people are for!! i got a friend who is from siberia and she knows that stuff so she was gonna be the butcher and i was gonna be the raiser.sounded like a good plan to me right??? **sigh** they were so cute to!!

Finished making labels, labeled bottles and put away in wine cellar.

Labeling Rack...
LablingRack.jpg

White Zinfandel Label, this is a photo I took in my garden last year.
WhiteZinfandel.jpg

Latest posts

Back