What's that brand

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaiart

Junior
Reaction score
There's a wine that is slightly carbonated. Pretty cheap price point. Ok, I remember now...Arbor Mist... I actually got into wine through Arbor Mist Merlot... Anyone know a similar recipe, flavor wise not the carbonation part...

Brew and Wine Supply said:
The Island Mist and Orchard Breasin kits are along that line of Arbor Mist and Wild Vines.

Thanks for the info... Will look into it. I've never made wine before and figure to start with something I know I like. I mean there are others I like but arbor mist is gp... If I can get that right then I can branch out into new realms.

I am thinking the sparkling White Grape Peach recipe might be something to try. It is fabulous as a still wine, or sparkling.
It is ready on the PDQ. You can force carb in keg or bottle carb and pasteurize (see Sticky on bottle pasteurizing). For some reason I cannot find the recipe thread, hoping someone can assist (please?).

And then you also have all the fruit variants of Skeeter Pee. Just remember if you will be bottle carbing do NOT add potassium sorbate as you start stabilizing. Even the kits include it, so you would need to not add it.

Last edited:
Those kits are a great way to start because unless you follow the directions, it wont be very good. If you do, it will be very good.

Thanks for the info... Will look into it. I've never made wine before and figure to start with something I know I like. I mean there are others I like but arbor mist is gp... If I can get that right then I can branch out into new realms.
Good for you Jaiart, and welcome to the wonderful world of wine making. Starting with a kit is absolutely a fantastic idea. It gives you all the ingredients and directions, so you really can't go wrong. It gives you the opportunity to learn while doing without much risk of doing anything wrong (not that it's all that hard :h ). Welcome!

Back