Mosti Mondiale MM Amarone experience

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maize

Reaction score
Hi:

I am looking for people who have made and tasted some of the MM Amarone kits. I made the WE Amarone and it is currently bulk aging at 4 months. But this just does not taste like a classic Amarone. It is much more like a Valpolacello. In an Amarone, I am looking for that almost sweet raisin flavor that is balance with a higher alcohol and richness. So with George's special, I am trying to decide if maybe something like the masters edition Amarone willmeet my expectations. Otherwise, I will likely stick with the Barolo or maybe the Syrah with raisins.

Thanks!

I've made it, it is in the bottle, has been for a couple of months. I haven't touched it yet because it is supposed to age for a while.

I do have a half bottle that I will open tonight and let you know.

Maize,
I've never boughten a commercial bottle of Amarone, just to expensive for me. I did see a bottle of it at the Radison Hotel in Des Moines Iowa that was priced at $80.

I have made the RE078 Amarone With Raisins Renaissance brand. I really do enjoy this one, in fact so much I'm down to about 8 bottles of it left. I bottled it in February. Hmmmm! Yet, I lost about one gallon with an overflow during fermentation. But, I am attempting to purchase another kit this month to replace the empty bottles, and hopefully allow it to age.

I have also made AJME078 Amarone Mondiale with Raisins MM-All Juice Masters Edition. This one I just bottled last week. It needs some aging, and i feel that the previous Amarone Renaissance is still my favorite, (fuller bodied I think).

I also have in the (to make soon), MM578 Amarone with red raisins. I enjoyed the Renaissance brand so much that I am attempting to try all the different Amarone kits.

I think the Renaissance would meet your expectations of what you are looking for. Yet!After making this kit ifthis isn't what you were looking for let me know and I will take them off your hands.
smiley4.gif
Hope this helps you out some. jmEdited by: jsmahoney

I opened a half bottle of the MM Amarone a couple of days ago. It's been in the bottle a couple of months and I am really only doing this for comparison purposes.

It is still a young wine and as such it is still a little too fruity. Hasn't mellowed much. The raisin is well to the fore with a hint of I think blackberry.

It is definitely a step up in quality from the previous reds I've made. Somehow the middle whites seem to perform better than the middle reds. Maybe its the maker!
smiley5.gif

There was a much more intense flavor right from the first. I would call it really good right now and I think it is going to be absolutely wonderful in a year.

Thanks for the comments from both of you. I've been pretty swamped this week between work and May school activities. I tasted the WE Amarone at a final racking (will bottle in June at about 6 months). It was pretty good - but just had sublte nuances of an Amarone. The MM's sound like they are worth a try!

Latest posts

Back