OK, Mike. Know anything about this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. Have purchased several bottles in the past. They continually crank out outstanding wines for the price. They are located very close to where Mrs. IB hails from in fact. :sm

Found this on the inter webs just now. Not the exact wine but all their wines have ranged from 86-90pts WS.

This is a Bordeaux blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Merlot, and 11% Cabernet Franc.

@ibglowin: on WTSO currently:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.05.33 PM.png

Last edited:
WE is usually higher than WS. While WTSO is not necessarily a good wine at a great price, this is a good wine from a real winemaker working his ask off every year to put out the best dang wine he can and not some phony faux bottle of wine from a Total Wine or similar store that buys excess juice and slaps a label on it and resells it..........

I know WS is can be a little stingy with their ratings as compared to others - that's a good thing. You sold me. Haven't bought anything from WTSO in almost two years, I figure I'm due. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Another thing to take note here is that it is almost impossible now to get fruit from Red Mountain without very deep pockets or friends in all the right places. For a small suburban winery to somehow get fruit from Red Mountain these days means they have been pressing the flesh for years because you know they don't have deep pockets. They bought fruit on a handshake and a prayer that they could sell the wine made from it. They deserve some support!

Another thing to take note here is that it is almost impossible now to get fruit from Red Mountain without very deep pockets or friends in all the right places. For a small suburban winery to somehow get fruit from Red Mountain these days means they have been pressing the flesh for years because you know they don't have deep pockets. They bought fruit on a handshake and a prayer that they could sell the wine made from it. They deserve some support!

Get that card out! It's still up on WTSO. :h

Following your guys on this one and picked some up for tasting. Thank you and cheers!
-johann

LOL, I have the exact opposite problem. Multiple shipments of wine the rest of the week and right now on the back patio the temp is 80F and I have the sprinklers running full blast in the back yard!

Opened one of these up in the name of science tonight. That, and a steak dinner needs something, amiright? Big, bold and dry! Firm tannins that just grab hold of your mouth right from the start and carry it through to a long, dry finish. Gripping acidity, spice, dark fruit and pepper; all wrapped up in an earthy, almost leathery nose that you find on many big, Italian red wines. It is a bit young and needs to rest a while, but I'm enjoying it. Will save the remaining 3 bottles for a while.

Label says 60% Cab Sauv, 29% Merlot, and 11% Cab Franc.

Thanks for the review. I think I'll let mine rest in the cellar.

Latest posts

Back