Cellar Craft Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehammonds

Reaction score
Well, it's been almost 16 months since I pitched the yeast on the CC Showcase Amarone. It's been developing nicely in bulk through the months. It had some moderate tannin additions and lived for three months in the Vadai. Tonight, I'll draw my final sample and determine whether a little finishing tannin is needed or whether it will be bottled this weekend.

Hope you find it fantastic.

I admire your patience. Mine would have been bulk aged 3 months, bottled aged 3 months and fully consumed by now except for a bottle or two held out for Thanksgiving or Christmas 2016.

I think it's ready. I don't think it'll benefit from any further aging or additions, so my Sunday is now booked.

So much info on wines and winemaking out there!!! Wikipedia is usually a great source for most all aspects,, including---- There is a significant mystique around the aging of wine, as its chemistry was not understood for a long time, and old wines are often sold for extraordinary prices. However, the vast majority of wine is not aged, and even wine that is aged is rarely aged for long; it is estimated that 90% of wine is meant to be consumed within a year of production, and 99% of wine within 5 years. It is often mentioned that the % of aging benefit decreases dramatically for most ageable (sp) wines after as little as 3yrs.
Characteristics and faults,,,, (Amarone);
The final result is a very ripe, raisiny, full-bodied wine with very little acid. Alcohol content easily surpasses 15% (the legal minimum is 14%) and the resulting wine is rarely released until five years after the vintage, even though this is not a legal requirement. :? If your taste buds like it, drink up!!!

Last edited:
I like it but hope it improves even more with age. It's roughly 15.5% ABV. One of the best I've made, next to the red mountain cab

Latest posts

Back