Made wine last week did i doo it rite ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamawine

Junior
Reaction score
:sl:sm hello. i'M LESLIE I'M NEW. I MADE A BATCH OF WINE FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST WEK ABOUT 11 DAYS AGO.i JUICES STRWBERRIES,WHITE GRAPES ,ADDED A LITLE GRAPE FRUIT JUICE AND A PALM FULL OF CHOPPED THYME. i Put it in a bottle and put a balloon over the top. The ballo had a hile so i taped it. Its not rise in g but you can see the container has gass when u shake it. I wanna test it this wekks. Did i du it right.:rdo:mny:br

U add yeast and sugar? Whats the gravity? You cant toss a bunch of stuff in there hoping you get wine. A PALMFUL of THYME? YUK !

To each their own with ingredients. Did you add yeast? You can make wine without yeast but its risky as to if it will ferment and to what wll come of it when it does. You can also make wine without a hydrometer but you or we will not be able to know what you have made if any by doing so. A hydrometer is a floating tool which ill tell you how much alc you can and have made by telling you how much sugar is in there in the beginning and when its done fermenting thus telling you ho much alc you have made without this tool you are asking us to do the impossible.

didnt come out asplanned though. I had a relative test it it tasted spoiled and eventualy went to the cabbage. Dont worry i'll try again real soon.,:slp:pic:h

Please get a hydrometer and add sugar till youmget an sg of around 1.085

didnt come out asplanned though. I had a relative test it it tasted spoiled and eventualy went to the cabbage. Dont worry i'll try again real soon.,:slp:pic:h
I wil raise a glass for its funeral.
Kidding aside please ck here beofre you try another to get some advise. Like what said you will need certail chemicals ( k-meta, wine yeast and sorbate) and equipment (hydrometer).

Latest posts

Back