Too much alchohol?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bittnerart

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm a very new aspiring wine maker and have four wines currently in the works and have a question for anyone who can help. Three of my wines have finished their fermentation and have been racked twice now at about two months. I'm feeling like it's time to bottle them and have just sampled them this evening. I think that all the wine's taste good but I'm worried they may seem a little to strong in alcohol for some people. The peach wine has a mellow nutty after-taste and the blackberry has a nice light sweetness that is really clean, they're just a little potent. The one I was going for a high alcohol content (coffee wine), but the other two I wasn't necessarily.

I've heard about "back sweetening" and topping up batches with water or fruit juice to mellow the flavor, but have no idea what would be the best procedure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Are these Kit wines? if so whose kits?
What was the Starting Gravity of the wines. What is the current specific gravity of the wines? Any information you can give will help.

Latest posts

Back