RJ Spagnols Mivino

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizajean

Gaining experience one carboy at a time....
Reaction score
Just saw an ad for this kit on Facebook....any details?
Thanks,

Looks like a 5.8L box. Seems like it would be kinda low-end, even below Heritage Estates at 6.3L. It looks like MiVino is only available at RJS Academy stores, so Canada only. (BTW, I live in Ontario, and there are none near me. Guess RJS doesn't want my business.)

HOWEVER, size of the box is only one variable. The other is the quality of the concentrate.

Tough to evaluate a new product until several people have made and aged one.

Steve

https://www.rjscraftwinemaking.com/mivino/

Looks like a 5.8L box. Seems like it would be kinda low-end, even below Heritage Estates at 6.3L. It looks like MiVino is only available at RJS Academy stores, so Canada only. (BTW, I live in Ontario, and there are none near me. Guess RJS doesn't want my business.)

HOWEVER, size of the box is only one variable. The other is the quality of the concentrate.

Tough to evaluate a new product until several people have made and aged one.

Steve

https://www.rjscraftwinemaking.com/mivino/

Steve, I went to their website and it seems that they are marketing these as being able to mix them. I looked at the instructions of one, and it said if you plan to blend two, to do it at this point. It looks like they are not the full six gallons and are intended to blend. I wish there were a better product concept description. They may not be low end, if less than six gallons and intended to buy two and blend.

Steve, I went to their website and it seems that they are marketing these as being able to mix them. I looked at the instructions of one, and it said if you plan to blend two, to do it at this point. It looks like they are not the full six gallons and are intended to blend. I wish there were a better product concept description. They may not be low end, if less than six gallons and intended to buy two and blend.

You are correct, one box makes 3 US gallons, so equivalent to an 11.6 litre box (larger than Grand Cru). I have been asking for something like this for many years, and they don't even sell it near me. Stupid RJS.

Looks like the reds include "GenuWine Winery Dried Grape Skins", so that should make them even better. Would like to try the Shiraz, or do a Shiraz-Merlot blend.

Just noticed that the instructions online are copyright 2017, so very new.

Looks like there are two Academy stores in Oakville (fairly near each other), so they might carry them. (That's over an hour each way.)

Steve

The response I received on Facebook was to direct me to their website, which does not have enough info. If these are meant to be blended, I would love to see recommended blends.
Will be interesting to see if we hear from them.

Reviving this thread to se if anyone has used these kits for blending and followed any of their suggested blends. If so, how did they turn out?

I didn't think that the Mivino kits were something that I would have any interest in. The logic I was following said that it will take just as much work to make 3 gallons with these kits as it would to make 6 gallons with the kits commonly sold to home wine makers. But I've recently started to re-think this position.

These kits should be good for new wine makers who want to build up their wine cellars with a variety of wines quickly. The kits are also good to those of us who like having a certain varietal in our inventory but would never drink enough of it to warrant the storage of 6 gallons for an occasional need.

So in a 10-months time, I've gone from no interest in Mivino to researching on-line wine supply stores to decide what kit I should buy.

Latest posts

Back