Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tools in the tool box

this is what I use there user friendly and spot on but That's just me...............................:u

IMG_20170911_171604613.jpg

IMG_20170911_171612144.jpg

IMG_20170911_171614481.jpg

IMG_20170911_171617388.jpg

IMG_20170911_171621821.jpg

IMG_20170911_171625896.jpg

I was thinking of getting a kit soon, like $30-40 range. I been keeping up with this post for like 2 weeks. Is amazone ok for kits?

There's a lot to review by on this thread if there's anything else you. Would like to know just ask.. welcome aboard

Why not just use tool that made for the job ? Granted use what you prefer nts just not necessary

If I had it to do over again, I would not use flat head wood screws, but rather I would use pan head or truss head wood screws.

And make the handle about 36" long out of Med. Toasted french Oak. Now you gotta a cap opener, a stir stick, a punch down stick, a back scratcher, and a source of oak....a true multi purpose tool for the wine room.:w

I was thinking of getting a kit soon, like $30-40 range. I been keeping up with this post for like 2 weeks. Is amazone ok for kits?

Yes, Amazon and Walmart seem to be the cheapest for the Fontana kits. Most are $38.95 with free shipping.

The weird thing is some 1 gallon kit are only $5-10, cheaper then the 6 gallon ones. Unfortunately 8 have to use amazone I got some gift cards from there (hence why I can buy a kit at this point).

The one gallon kits are excellent for blending with or as a starter kit for some just wanting to try with your help. The difference between the kits is the cheaper kits do well with your tweaking big time,the ventner kits are good on there own but still do better with smaller tweaks or fresh fruit fpacs added.The higher the kit cost doesn't mean they don't or can't also benefit from tweaks, knowing you wine's bases profile is the real key.

The one gallon kits are excellent for blending with or as a starter kit for some just wanting to try with your help. The difference between the kits is the cheaper kits do well with your tweaking big time,the ventner kits are good on there own but still do better with smaller tweaks or fresh fruit fpacs added.The higher the kit cost doesn't mean they don't or can't also benefit from tweaks, knowing you wine's bases profile is the real key.

I started this hobby a couple of years ago and this thread formed the base of my "education". I now find it very hard to NOT TWEAK a kit...big or small...I wanna tweak them all.

The big kits I've done straight up all still need a lot more time. But, I've opened one 375 ml....was good....expect it to get better too. BUT, there is that nagging little voice saying WHAT IF I had added a plum flavor pack...or a bit more oak...or swapped the yeast. I'll never know now.

I have decided that going forward, I will tweak any kit any way I want too! I would rather say, man, I screwed that one up...than wonder how much better it could have been!!

Last tweaked was a Pinot Gris with a citrus extract and a yeast swap....tasty.

To add to the best tool discussion for those caps.... :h (the teeth in the handle, in case that wasn't obvious)

scissors.jpg

Cheap kits

OK we have had a lot of views ,now how about what your personal findings where to share with others ,both good an bad...your turn:wy view just a few below

1.jpg

1 Box.jpg

IMG_20160112_182138197_HDR.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_20140731_200121709.jpg

I have been sticking with high end kits with nothing added but time. However I gotta give this a try. In NB we can get double kits for about $90. At Costco. Less on sale. They have merlot and Malbec. Tks Joe

Frosty,,read this thread as much as you can to understand the tweaks that we do also have a plan before you start, remember this makes an everyday decent wine if you give them a chance... keep us posted.. JP

Latest posts

Back