What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all, So far so good, my brother is recovering well and sister in law is about to go home with the great news that there is no residual cancer. Thank God for early detection!

Today I went to physical therapy. I had fun. Then the therapist convinced me to try "dry needling."

image-4255451183.jpg

That's where they take a needle this long

image-2345963652.jpg

And JAM it that far up in there.

And the whole time they're talking like "well, I wouldn't really describe it as painful. It's more like a dull ache."

When really THIS is what's going on.

image-4167811483.jpg

image-1073728414.jpg

Do I feel better afterward? Well, if better means feeling like I got beat with a baseball bat on either side of my spine, then YES! I feel GREAT!

Busy day today, Early morning, about 1 am pitched yeast hydrated with Go-Ferm Protect into the Cab Sav, added fermaid K (will follow with Yeast hulls and an addition of Fremaid O) .
Racked the Sangiovese into Carboys, pitched Opti-malo, then hydrated the MBR31 with Acti-ML.
Racked the Montepulciano, same deal with the MLB,
Racked the Barolo, once again, opti-malo, acti-ml and MBR 31 MLB,
Keeping an eye on the second run Sangiovese, my lord it is a nice looking and tasting wine, punching it down several times daily.

Boatboy24 said:
Isn't that the practice formally known as accupuncture? :D

It's like accupuncture. Only they jam the whole dang needle up in there and move it back and forth like a piston until your muscle starts spasming.

Last full day of vacation at the beach. Time to fly home tomorrow and get back to the wine sitting my basement and Doug's basement. While in FL, we were able to sample our share of Muscadine...

What was your favorite brand?
I've only tried a few, but I like the Duplin Muscadines the best.

I like the on demand hot water heater.
I like your new work area with cab and counter top.
I love the way your washing machine drains into the basin.LOL
I think i would fix that, it could just breed germs...

Im on the couch up to my neck in warm blankets and warm doggies. Im freezing!!! my heater is out and I have to wait till the hubs get home to fix it Brrrrrrrrr!

I will be drinking something here soon . Gonna have company. He is just getting home to fix it Im freezing. There was a freak outburst of snow last night but it didn't stay around long, Is it warm there on the Island? lol

Spent a nice early evening with floandgary. Roflmao, I am so glad Flo has taught Gary everything he needs to know about wine making. Lol remember Gary, a happy wife means a happy life!

I like the on demand hot water heater.
I like your new work area with cab and counter top.

Thank you very much! I put the tankless heater in about 7 or 8 years ago. I changed out all the galvanized steel pipe for copper in the entire house (working alone), and put in the heater at that time. I figure it has paid for itself by now.

I love the way your washing machine drains into the basin.LOL
I think i would fix that, it could just breed germs...

Uhhh, I am confused. Draining into a laundry tub is bog standard where I come from. What else would you do, install a standpipe?

Racked my first Dragons Blood from primary, 3 Gal.
Racked Grapefruit 5litre from primary, 5 Litre.
Degassed Dragons Blood (vacuum) to 25Hg - man do my hands hurt!
Pumped it about 5 times throughout the day... up to that level using a Mityvac brake bleeder.
Will sort the "finings" tomorrow.
Made a Cape Gooseberry Wine - recipe No. 3 from Jack Kellers site - with the bananas and raisins.
Cleaned up some carboys that have been in storage.
Whew!

Another busy day, just got done at 11pm...Filtered 10 gallons of Moscato, back sweetened to my wife's and Mothers taste.....yep, I let them push me around...lol....I made a case of Spumante, the two week method that I learned from BZac, I made another case infused with a strawberry extract, it is incredible!!!! Polished one of those bad boys!!!
Racked the Brunello, added Opti- Malo, hydrated the MLB using Acti-ML first, then adding Lalvin 31
Racked the Valpolicella added Opti- Malo, hydrated the MLB using Acti-ML first, then adding Lalvin 31
Washed and sanitized 6 cases of bottles, 1 case of champagne bottles.
Racked 2 cases of Moscato
Racked one case Fragolina (strawberry extract infused Moscato)
Racked one case Asti Spumante type sparkling wine using the 2 week method
Back Sweetened the Lambrusco or Mom would dis own me
Bottled 2 cases Lambrusco

Tomorrow I will be getting 6 gallons of fresh pressed Catawba from the local winery, cannot wait!!!
I plan on bottling the Brunello, Merlot, Zin, Chianti and Montepulciano from last year (Chianti, Brunello and Montepulciano will be coming out of the oak barrels), and racking 2 batches of Amarone back into the barrels, and racking the Chilean Malbec into an oak barrel.

Latest posts

Back