spanish grape must for winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to introduce you to Grapemasters- we travel the world to harvest grapes from premiere vineyards and make the must available to home winemkakers. We just completed our Spanish harvest in the Montsant Appleation of Spain and have a great assortment of musts available- cabernet sauvignon,merlot, tempranillo, grenache noir, carignan and syrah for reds, as well as an exceptional white blend of grenache blanc, macabeo and muscat alexandra. Available for many years in Canada, an daccounting for 14 medals in the provincial competition in 2014, piwine.com is now making htese musts available to our American friends and lovers of great wine. Check out the video to follow our great Spanish Winegrape Adventure!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqX89T_gpi0[/ame]

frozen must tempranillo

Today, I racked the wine made from the frozen spanish tempranillo must. loads of dark plum and blueberry on the nose, and it will now sit on american oak chips for a while. Tastes yummy!

tempranillo.jpg

Hello to all, I will be at the presque isle wine cellars Chilean workshop and dinner, along with lots of samples of wines made from the spanish grapes, i hope to see you there!

Congrats to our Spanish must! I entered a few wines made with the Spanish must in the Winemaker Magazine competition, and we scored 2 gold and one bronze medal! Looking forward to seeing you with medals for your wines made with these musts,

spanish must for winemaking

Happy news! Our pails of frozen spanish must are now being shipped into the United States! TEmpranillo, Merlot, syrag, grenache noir and carignan, lovingly grwn to strict appellation rules, these msuts have won baskets of awards at american, and canadian competitions. Take your winemaking to the next level.. contact via this thread, or directly [email protected]

hello to all! The Spanish must is on its way. just look at the fantastic fempranillo you can make wine with. Merlot, syrah and carignan equally fantastic!

tempranillo.jpg

hello to all! The Spanish must is on its way. just look at the fantastic fempranillo you can make wine with. Merlot, syrah and carignan equally fantastic!

They look nice Charles, I'm planning to order some when they are available here in the states. Do you have Brix, pH, or TA numbers on the different varietals?

We work with a winery to ensure we get the grapes at optimal ripeness, and rely on the winery owner to determine picking times that are optimal for the grapes. He typically looks at alcohol , plus relies on taste for skin and phenolic ripeness, then looks at the seeds for seed ripeness. We authorises picking for the winery when he is satisfied, and we get those grapes as well

I did take a few measurements on the tempranillo when i was there, from 3 different areas of the vineyard, all showed about 15% alcohol. The ph ranged from 3.6 to 3.85, and this number goes down when the fermentation extracts acids from the skins.

He prefers to let the grapes hand longer to get more concentration, and what he considers optimal ripeness. His theory is you can fix chemistry, but if you dont get the flavors right, well, nothing can be done to correct that.

I also measured the white juice aster crush, maceration, pressing and settling, they looked bang on.

The first year, i adjusted my chemistry as if I was working with California grapes and ended up overacidifying everything. So I have learned my lesson, if something seems way off, then make a small adjustment, if something looks close, make no adustments, because it will likely be pretty close to correct on its own.

Latest posts

Back