What should I do with this leftover juice?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poormanfarm

Reaction score
I have the following juices left over from my fall wine making:

3 gal of peach juice
2 gal of scuppernong
5 gal of strawberry
3 gal of muscadine

Here is my problem. I have to clean out my freezer soon because I have a beef coming and I have a few weeks to do this. I am considering mixing the peach and scuppernong and making a blend. I will take the strawberry and make a 5 gal batch of strawberry. I guess the best thing to do will be to make a 3 gal batch of muscadine.I guess that I could blend the muscadine and the scuppernong and turn it into a "blush" wine? What would you folks do? I am running out of equipment.

That's exactly what i would do... Strawberry & peach are both lighter flavors

Take a small measure (make sure to measure! :) ) and make a 3:5 peach-strawberry ratio of the 2, give them a swirl and see what you think

Then do the same with the other two, at the appropriate ratio

Scuppernong has its own unique flavor, so does the muscadine, I am assuming that you are talking about the larger fruit that some of us call red muscadine?

While I find the peach and scuppernong very intriguing, I do believe blending the scuppernong and muscadine will give you a blush in looks but a very good full flavor wine that you are going to enjoy.

Peach and strawberry? Sounds pretty interesting and I think is well worth the effort!

If you make them seperate, you can do a bench trial with them when they are done. Get a few glasses, pour a certain amount of strawberry in, mix a measured amount of peach and try them. Use different amounts, find the mix you like and mix it up that way. You can do the same with the grapes, or mix and match however you want. That way you can have them the way you like em. Arne.

should I ferment them seperately in the fermenter and then combine them in the secondary? or are you talking about blending the juice and fermenting them together? I have only made straight wines so forgive the inexperience.

I would ferment them seperately. Try mixing them afterwards, that will give you a true taste of what they will be like. You mite find you want to just drink them as they are and not mix em. Good luck with it, Arne.

This is why I keep a lot of 1 gallon jugs on hand. It's easy to make a small batch here & there, as well as making 1 gallon experiment batches.

Latest posts

Back