Testing Equipment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcalli1

Reaction score
I'm looking for specific recommendations on testing equipment, like a refractometer and ph tester, etc. any brands I should stay away from? Thanks.

I don't have time right now to write them down but Mike is right on , plus megnetic stirrer and a larger scale for sugar. I got a perfect one at Bad Bath and beyond for about 50.00 that comes with a SS bowl that is used to cover itself when not in use.

The Vinmetrica SC300 does TA, pH, and free SO2. Expensive but well worth it. The test strip testers are not very accurate at all.

You need 2 hydrometers, they break easily. Don't try to test wine containing alcohol with a refractometer; it requires a special conversion algorithm.

Definitely get a gram scale.

Nice buys. Ifr I knew you were looking for a scale I would have told you to hold off. I'm going to have a killer deal on gram scales in a few weeks. Watch for monday specials at Presque Isle Wine Cellars.

Nice buys. Ifr I knew you were looking for a scale I would have told you to hold off. I'm going to have a killer deal on gram scales in a few weeks. Watch for monday specials at Presque Isle Wine Cellars.

Keep us posted, I for some reason can't find mine. Either upstairs or in the cellar just not sure. I did find a case of wine a couple weeks ago that I thought was all but gone. Does that count for anything.

I'm looking to upgrade my gram scale. Sounds like ill have to check the Site.

Does anyone know of a supplier of the Vinmetrica SC-300? I've been striking out on my search attempts.

We generally don't want direct links to suppliers sites unless they advertise here. That is why I did not put the link in and just told how to get there. We all think it is a great product so I am not getting rid of the link.

We generally don't want direct links to suppliers sites unless they advertise here. That is why I did not put the link in and just told how to get there. We all think it is a great product so I am not getting rid of the link.

I am sorry for posting that. I am new to this forum and meant no harm. I will refrain from posting links to outside venders.

RR

Latest posts

Back