1 gallon carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cohenhouse77

Patience Apprentice
Reaction score
I live in central Florida, about 100 miles from the nearest wine making supply store and shipping is too high. I have found 3 - 1 gallon carboys at thrift stores. Does anyone have any suggestions on unconventional places to find carboys? 3 quart wine bottles work okay, but I am shooting for the 1 gallon or larger if possible.

Go to the local super market - buy the $5 1 gallon jugs of wine - drink the wine - use the glass jug for a carboy.

I forget the name of the wine - but any walmart will have them...

I went to the grocery and bought 1 gallon glass jugs of apple juice and fermented into hard cider then reused jugs.

I seem to only be able to find the 3 quart glass jugs of wine. I will try the apple juice today!

I buy the "Pisano" brand wine in one gallon jugs.........not bad stuff, and you get a free jug with every purchase.

Hey Rocky......St. Bev dosen't look 47 let alone have been married for 47...........

There are also a few places if you order online that have free shipping if you order $50 worth.

Latest posts

Back