Frosted bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the idea also and anything to make a plain old bottle look great is a damn good idea, thank you Goodfella!

i love the look of some of these frosted bottles...so i have to thank Goodfella for showing them as well as other pics in this thread..

I really have been playing with these but found only 1 type of label that will stay attached to the bottle are some I found from Worldlabel that are weather proof. Even those labels did come right off no scrubbing.
VC

So overall... Are they worth using? (the sprayed bottles)

I havn't put labels on any of mine yet.

I guess it would depend on if you wanted to order those labels sure. If anyone finds a way to make the others stick please say something. I was hoping to use them for my Christmas Cyser and ABC meads with some weathered labels. The white weather proof ones are not going to work for me.
VC

I wonder if there is a quik way of attaching something the size of your label over the bottle when you spray them, so you have a dry spot.

Perhaps, but I've a couple of years or more before they are bottled so I'm in no hurry. Maybe something will be available that will work at that time.
VC

My frosted bottles are no more! I put the bottles in with a bunch I am cleaning, now keep in mind I did get side tracked and they sat in water & oxyclean for a month, but the frosted stuff did come right off with just some light scrubbing.
VC

Raising an eight year old post.... I just got some of the frosted glass spray paint for shower glass at Lowe's. Three coats of bottles that have been consumed and they turned out great! I used painters tape to cover the top, just so it didn't accidentally get any on the inside.

2s7xa2d.jpg

Cool stuff and might make for a unique gift bottle. Did anybody fugue out the label sticking issue?

Latest posts

Back