Fruit wine base

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With your imagination, anything is possible. I made a really good Cherry wine by using one of those along with one of the Oregon Cherry Purees to make a 6 gallon batch. It had pits in it so I put in a straining bag as it fermented and then just hand squeezed the bag when close to done before racking to secondary. I used a lot of acid addition to it. It is about a year old or so now and I mixed part of it with part of a batch of Black Currant made out of 2 cans of the same stuff. Now I have Black Currant,Cherry and Cherry/Black Currant. They are all good.

http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3037&KW=Cherry&PN=6

The recipe is posted on that link. Also a lot of Cherry ideas on previous pages of it.

Tomy.
That's what I made my last 5 gal. batch of Blackberry wine from.
Two Vintners Harvest, 96oz cans of Blackberry Base.
I live near several berry farms but nothing's in season so I bought the Base cans and made my Blackberry.
I'm thinking of gettingtwo Raspberry Base next since I've never had Raspberry Wine.
Fruit Base is year round counrty wine my friend. Enjoy!
Mike

Ive made a few of these and the Raspberry is better than the Cherry and the Black Currant is just plain AWESOME!

Weliked the Black Currant too...the bottles are on the 'Reserve Rack'...for special occasions...A bumper crop in those cans.....found the Blackberry was a little thin.

You know... I wondered about that too. The Blackberry.
I bumped mine up with the great advice and recomendationof"joeswine" with an "F/PAC" (he calls it) which is holding a little of the original base back and adding it later rendered down with sugar.
The result of the flavor pac (F/PAC) was exactly what the original must was missing.
I'm convinced that it's a great idea and I'll use it again.
Mike

I usually make the fruit wines in 5 gal batches. I have also used bentonite and ichinglass like the kits. Let it age and they are mighty fine. I ferment to dry. no sugar added. I let the aging mellow it out. nectar in the glass. I get a kick out of the bottle being 2 years old with me and wondering how long ago the fruit was grown. What a preservative wine is. no wonder that found out how to do this process so long ago. and wine beats water hands down.

Latest posts

Back