new kid on the block

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome gents, I hope you have as good a time here on this forum as I do. There is a lot of great people here so feel free to pick their brains.

Pete

I've grown Okra once, It thrived, produced so much that I couldn't keep up with it, and my husband also makes the statement of me having a large garden and not enough time to work on it. This year it was the corn, by the time it was to pick, it tasted like "field corn"! I double checked the package and it stated "Double Sweet Corn" Hmm! The mules liked it though. Nothing ever goes to waste.

jsmahoney said:
I've grown Okra once, It thrived, produced so much that I couldn't keep up with it, and my husband also makes the statement of me having a large garden and not enough time to work on it. This year it was the corn, by the time it was to pick, it tasted like "field corn"! I double checked the package and it stated "Double Sweet Corn" Hmm! The mules liked it though. Nothing ever goes to waste.

Mules...how cool!!! We feed our old sweet corn to 2 old horses we raised from birth...they are our 'riding-lawn-mowers'...but we don't ride anymore....so they just keep the grass down around the machinery and sheds and keep the pasture trimmed.
Funny about the Okra..I grow Eggplant and always have one on the kitchen counter...replace it as they get wilted with a fresh one....our 'decorative vegtable'...we do manage to eat one once in awhile...summer is such a plentiful time when you grow your own food....love it..
smiley4.gif

Now...what to do with all the cantalope.....????Why do they all ripen at once...anyone ever made wine with those????

Latest posts

Back