new kid on the block

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I would like to say hello to every one
and thanks for the welcome.
I hope to get this posting down better
Thanks again for the information
Bill
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

Welcome, Bill to one of the friendliest placest on Earth, if I do say so, myself!
smiley1.gif

Welcome Bill, before you pull up that chair... Can ya get a couple of glasses ........ your going to be here a while....... Pour a glass of wine...... And enjoy.

Welcome Bill....Glad to have you onboard..or would that be onpost or onforum...Well what the heck..WELCOME

Welcome "just plain Bill".....tell us about yourself....Or do we have to just learn over time...
smiley1.gif

Well I am a retired truck driver, moved to arizona from Oakland ca.
I am older than the sign in chart as it only goes to 1931 and I cam into
the world in 1927. Still spry haven't made any wine for about 30 years.
When I look as some of these reciepts that say age for 2 or 5 years I woulder if I will be around.
Living in Arizona in the summer with the air cranked on at 8 am I can
keep it 80% in the house til about 4 pm and then it sneaks up to 84
so I guess I will be making most of my wine in the winter months.
By you all
just plain bill

Welcome to the forum, Bill!

It's nice to see that we have some very experienced winemakers, even though you took a 30 year hiatus. A lot has changed in winemaking, but a lot has stayed the same.

I'm thrilled that you have joined a great forum, and keep us posted as to what you're making!

Welcome aboard Bill and glad to have you as a member of the group!

Good to have you here. These are some of the best people you'll ever meet and or make wine with. Good luck with the Vinos.

jsmahoney said:
Hi Bill, I too am a new kid on the block! So, sit back and enjoy, I do!
smiley17.gif

Welcome...jsmahoney...like the white flower...is it a Hibiscus????Edited by: Northern Winos

I'm not really sure about the flower, flowers just make me feel fresh, I'ts amazing how they form and and become alive. To sit back on a nice warm evening, of course sipping a glass of your wine, and see the flower garden alive with all sort of life. Or maybe that's just because the sipping of wine has lasted to long.

I have grown Okra a few times, the flowers look just like Hibiscus...really lovely....my hubby says I just grow it for the flowers as I don't cook it often enough for him.... [Okra does make it up here on de-tundra, if I buy a short season variety]
I love all flowers, also love to grow fruits and veggies....so rewarding to see something flourish and give you joy....and...or norishment...
smiley4.gif

Back