Label Softeware and labels for inkjet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Has anybody bought designer software for making wine bottle
labels. I have a lexmark X125 Copier, scanner inkjet printer. I've
heard inkjets are not the best for labels but has anybody used one? Is
the software easy to use and does it include photos(jpg's). I am on my
third batch of wine and it is stating to get hard to tell them apart in
my wine fridge.

I haven't seen special software for wine label design, although that
doesn't mean they aren't out there. I design my own labels.

George has great paper for labels availeable. I've used his label paper for all my resent labels and have never had a problem!

I use an inkjet printer and it works just fine. It is best to cover the
labels with a laqueur clear coat so if they get wet the ink won't run.

Hope this was helpful!

Good luck with your labels,

Pete

I use Print shop and print them on Avery labels. Also have a ink jet printer. Just print them out and then spray them with lacquer or polyurethane, let dry, peel and stick.

Any good ideas where to get jpgs for these labels? I have come across a few but nothing great. Thanks, Wade

I have tried using some of the label software, but most of them I have seen are designed to work with a series of preprinted labels and you are just customizing them. I prefer to use Word and Photoshop myself. I just search the net to find a picture if I need one.

I've been using a combination of Photoshop, MS Word, MS Publisher and Print Shop Pro for my labels. I did purchase a color laser printer to print them, was time to replace my old inkjet anyway. For images I have just used google, although you'll have to wade through a lot that you wouldn't use you should come across a few you would.

Steve

Latest posts

Back