First Kit -- Done!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilnH2O

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're proud to say our first kit, a WE Bourgeron Rouge, is done. Bottled, corked, shrink capped, and labeled! (We got 28 1/2 bottles)

2006-04-06_162556_BourgRouBotlsThm.jpg

Of course, we couldn't do it without the help of George's hand-holding, and the input and patience of all of the rest of you!
smiley32.gif

Here is the label- whatGeorge offers with the kits. It doesn't compare to the rest ofYOURS, but it was our first and we think turned out okay, for "free" and, for "designing" on-the-fly!
smiley2.gif

2006-04-06_163030_scan0056.jpg

"Farviews" is the area of Missoula we live in, "5 valleys" refers to the valleys that all converge on Missoula, and "Reserve" is the name of the street we can see from our deck...In the distance is Mt. Jumbo, with an "L" on it for Loyola Sacred Heart, the high school my son attends. Okay, maybe the label is a little "too cute!" But, HEY! ...we were thinking this up while trying to finish our order!
smiley36.gif

My Able Assistant and I thank all of you for your tips, help, and hand-holding. Pinot Noir is ready to bottle, and Aussie Chardonnay --We're going to try the "buttery" version -- is in the primary! THANKS!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Looking very good...now we have more wine to make ...more to bottle....and some to drink.....enjoy and have fun

smiley32.gif
Awesome. I've yet to bottle my first. Hope to do half as well. Congratulations!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Good job, and I like your label
smiley1.gif
I have my first kit (merlot) bottled, but I don't have the labels on yet. My second kit (Italian Pinot Grigio) is in the primary.

Hope the first glass is as nice as the bottles look! Great job
smiley32.gif

Congrats!!! I just bottled my first kit, will get labels and caps on this weekend and post pics then. The second kit is in the carboy clearing and will be ready to bottle in about 2 weeks. I'm going to wait to bottle that one till after I buy a floor corker though. I've went back to the drawing board for the label for the Pinot Noir right now so will have to work on that between hockey tonight and wine tasting tomorrow. I'ts great to see all the other new people moving right along.

Steve

OilnH2O,

Congrats! They look very nice, all the labels straight and at the same height on the bottles. That's better than I usually do. But, the wine tastes the same, no matter what the label! Or like BMW, no label at all. I've had many a wine without a label and it tasted just fine!

Congratulations on the first batch. They get easier until you start making them from scratch.

Congrats on your first batch and thanks for sharing with us. There is no better hobby than making wine since you can take pride in your accomplishments while saving money and drink the results!
smiley32.gif

OilnH20,

Very handsome batch of wine!!! I like your labels alot too. I lilke that you have named it based on where you are from.....that really personalizes it. Great Job!!!!&nbsp ; Ramona

Well now the test begins how long before they are all gone. Try to wait and let them get over the bottle shock and age a bit before getting into them.. I know its hard but you waiting will pay off There is magic in those bottles with the passing of time. both the reds and the whites will reward for the waiting. Byt the way get the next batch started See George.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments! It wouldn't have happened without your comments and guidance. We have put the batch away, except for the last two that were "a little rough" which we drank over a few days.We will test the first one"for real"in a month or so, just to see how it's coming along!

Pinot Noir is next to be bottled, and racked an Aussie Chardonnay from primary today, which we are going to modify according to the "buttery" instructions elsewhere on the site.

Thanks, all!

smiley4.gif

looks great!!! I wish I started with larger carboys. I envy your great looking wine.

For all of those who saw the label with the pic from our deck as the background, we had a passing spring shower this evening -- thought it was "neat!"

2006-04-10_190824_P4100003THmb.jpg

Back