Was A Busy Saturday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Saturday was a busy day at, "The Cats Meow Winery". I had 5 gallon of Blackberry and 5 gallon of Muscadine that has been bulk ageing since the end of January.

blackberryandmuscadine61006.jpg

I bottled both of them and was pleased with the taste test on both before bottling. The Blackberry was still a little hot and will need at least another 6 months or longerto reach its potential. The Muscadine will improve with age but wasvery good now.

blackberryandmuscadinebottled61006.jpg

Labels I made for the wines. My wife came up with the name for the Blackberry Wine. Bear is the name of one of our cats.

2006-06-11_175544_booger_bear_blackberry.jpg

2006-06-11_175921_muscadine_label2.jpg

The first fruits from my vineyard
smiley36.gif
Not enough to make any wine but I was not expecting them to produce at all this year.

blackberrybush.jpg

The Muscadine vines arfe doing great too and I am really looking forward to being able to make wines from my own fruits.

muscadineplant1.jpg

There is nothing like a Waldo Label!!! Love them Waldo!!!

How many bottles do you have in your cellar now?

I mentioned before that I have a green tea ginger wine going. Tasted it today and I already want to get more going. I'll be going to Virginia next week so I'll get busy with my wines when I get back.

Sure is good to have you back
smiley20.gif
................Ramona

The wines look great Waldo! I'd love to taste the Muscadine wine. I grew up picking them on the creek bank in front of our house. What a great flavor. I haven't had a muscadine in many years.

Thanks Ramona and pkcook. It's good to be back too. Very good !!

Waldo,

I love your labels as usual. The wine also looks great. I can almost taste it through your pictures. mmmmmmm.

Love your pictures of the blackberry plant and grape vine. I love seeing that red soil of the south - reminds me of when I was a kid and would visit the grand parents in South Carolina. My grandfather would grow watermelons and bring a truckload up here in the summer and peddle them to pay for his trip up. Why don't you take a few more pictures and post them in the area of the home vineyards? I understand if you are too busy. Looks by the shadows you had to take those pictures at night!
smiley36.gif

It was late evening Appleman and I had just finished watering. Will try and get some more taken and post them.

Some of the most famous and renowned watermels are from Hope, Arkansas. Years ago I went in with a friend of mine and we were going to Hope and buying the melons for $1.00 apiece and hauling them to Little Rock and selling them for $1.00 apiece. After about 3 loads my friend commented that we were going to have to do something different as we were not making any money so I suggested we get us a bigger truck
smiley36.gif

Love the labels, Waldo.
smiley1.gif
BBBB is my favorite.
smiley36.gif

Your plantings look great! Good job on them, and nice to see you on the board.

Sounds like my kind of business venture. In one hand and out the other. Gotta keep the economy well greased.
smiley5.gif

Richard

PS - You guys did each pay some taxes on that income eh?
smiley36.gif
Edited by: appleman

Hey Martina.......HUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks and glad to be back too.

Appleman, I don't recall paying anyone in Taxes anything when we wuz a selling them melons. Did pay a guy from Oklahoma once for towing us in when we broke down
smiley36.gif

Welcome back my friend and awesome lookin wines. labels and plants.

It is really cool that so many of us have planted new stuff this year and we can compare our progress in the years ahead!
smiley32.gif

Thanks Masta. I can see more plantings coming too if these do well.

The wines, as always, look awwwwwwesome and your labels are terrific.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

About the only thing I'm good at planting is my backside in a chair. I'd kill weeds if I tried to grow 'em.

Thanks Pepre.....Ya just gotta get out there and eat a little dirt and get some under your fingernails buddy
smiley36.gif

WOW Waldo, awesome looking wines! Did you filter or fine in any way or
did they clear that well on their own? Any way they look great. If they
taste half as good as they look they will truely be terrific

Pete

Thanks Pete...I let them clear on their own. Filtering may be fine but I just have this gut feeling that it strips some of the flavor from the wine. I tried filtering once with a gravity filter and again it may have been just me expecting it but I felt like it stripped the flavor.

I agree You just cant rush a good thing. IF you need to by
another carbouy for another batch. a closet will work for a
least 2 maybe 4 of them. Lots of ways to move them around.

Latest posts

Back