Just racked to secondary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I thought thata nice way to introduce myself would be to post a photo ofmy just racked blackberry and raisin.The black should come in at 11.3% and the raisin at 15.6%. I plan on fortifying the raisin into a nice sherry. The wine bottle is extra that I got from the blackberry and I'll use it for topping off or maybe a nice vinegar. When I finish getting labels printed I'll post a few pics or my pinot chardonnay that I bottled a few weeks ago!

2006-05-21_164624_Picture.jpg

Welcome paubin glad to have you aboard. Great looking wines and pictures !
smiley32.gif

Welcome Paubin.....sounds like you are off to a great start on this great hobby.....have fun and enjoy.....good looking wines too...maybe you can share more on that raisin sherry...

Thanks Masta, By the way, I am a native of Little Rhody myself. I'm originally from Warren and used to spend a lot of time fishing in your neck of the woods. Nice to hear from a fellow swamp yankee. HAHAHA

The raisin is just a simple recipe 2lbs raisins, 2.5 lbs honey, 1tsp acid blend, 1tsp yeast nutrient, 1/4 tsp tannin, 1/2 tsp pectin enzyme, 1 campden tab, 1 packet flor-sherry yeast. Nothing out of the ordinary! I will do the math prior to bottling to find out how much brandy to add to bring the alc up to 20-22 %. I figure that it will take at least 2 more rackings in the next 4-6 months.

I don't mind being called a swamp yankee....since when you just say Yankee all I think about is the pin striped evil empire kind of Yankee!!!!

The annual Swamp Yankee Days Festival would actually be a great place for Valley Brew to sell some Hot Sauce and Mojjo....I better think about this some more.

Welcome paubin,

The wine looks great!
smiley32.gif
Enjoy your stay here in this forum. You should find it full of fun and knowledgeable folk.

Latest posts

Back