Pinot in the bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandst

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch, a WE SE Pinot Noir, last Sunday and just got all the labels on. I redesigned the label for this wine over the last week as I wanted something a little different from the first one I did. This is a pick of the ones that I labeled and capped, these may be given away, the ones for my use I just put in boxes to hide in the closet.

2006-04-09_085803_DSCF0062_Small.JPG

2006-04-09_085819_scan_Small.jpg

Steve

WishI could talk Mama into a color laser printer so I could make cool labels like that. I tried a few with an ink jet and didn't like the results. We don't even have a color printer anymore that I know of. Someday, those color lasers will be in my price range and look out! Good job on yours!

WhatI really want to know is why Wine Expert don't give you the labels for the particular kit? I don't really think it is truly a completekit without the labels and shrinks.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Smurfe,

90% of us wouldn't want standard labels, no matter how good they were. I
hate to make you spend money, but have you thought of creating your
labels and then taking them down to the local print shop for printing? Even
CVS or Walgreens will do that sort of a job.

Hey Smurfe-

Are you not taking advantage of George's free labels with every kit purchase?? I just emailed him this label for my blk rasberry merlot .

2006-04-10_132910_blkraspberry_label.JPG

He will print them out for you on his laser w/label paper and mail them with your kit! What great customer service!!!!

I picked up the Dell 3100cn color laser a little over a month ago for $350 with free shipping. After looking around at reviews the Dell kept popping up to the top of the list. The inkjets I was looking at with water resistant ink and seperate cartridges for each color were pushing close to $200, were slow and the cost of ink in the first year alone would have eclipsed the laser. Each toner cartridge in the Dell can print up to 4000 pages, most ink cartridges average around 300-400 pages at 25%-50% the cost of toner. After looking at everything the laser was a little more initially but will save me in the long run, I'll probably only replace each toner once before I buy a new printer. And I still get near photo quality output and 5 pages per minute in color instead of minutes per page with an inkjet.

Steve

Here's my latest, Australian Shiraz
Bottled tonight. Should be ready for my birthday
Simple label... Not up to your standards Brandst

2006-04-26_194052_y.jpg

Latest posts

Back