Very best white wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have my very first wine going right now. I have a thread on the MM page. I am having so much fun with it, I think I am ready to start a white.

I need suggestions....

What is the VERY BEST kit for a white wine?

Suggestions please

I did the MM all juice Riesling and it came out great, the cleanest white wine Ive ever had.

Would be hard to say "best" there are several very good ones. The WE Symphony is one we all like here.

The very best white to make is what ever you like to drink.
smiley1.gif
From the smaller kits to the larger kits I have yet to be disappointed in any white kit I've made. Another option is the blush kits - very nice for summer drinking. CC White Shiraz is a hit around here this year as well as the Pacific Quartet (but that was a limited edition, unfortunately).
VC

Goodfella, whatever white wine that is your favorite is probably the "best" white wine for you, IMHO. George has some wonderful whites.
smiley4.gif

Good answer Waldo. I'll even suggest the Ken Ridge Showcase German Gewurztraminer. We love it.

Steve

Cool.... Looking good everybody. I ask for other opinions because, I will most likely share more then I drink.

What about adding a few strawberries? Is that a bad combo

Hey Waldo..... Would you use any oak? Or change this kit at all?

Oak and gewurztraminer. YUCCCCH!!!!!! (at least in my opinion.)

Strawberries and gewurztraminer. Sounds interesting. Probably not going to try it myself though

Steve

As far as oak goes it depends on what you pick, oak goes well with Chard. but not Gewurtz.

Goodfella said:
Cool.... Looking good everybody. I ask for other opinions because, I will most likely share more then I drink.

What about adding a few strawberries? Is that a bad combo

Hey Waldo..... Would you use any oak? Or change this kit at all?

I would not add oak or anything else to this one Goodfella...

You got it!!!

I will take your advise on this one Waldo. I am going to order the kit tomorrow.

Thanks

I believe you are going to be more than well pleased with it Goodfella. Be kind to it during primary..you know..coddle it , sing to it, tell it how much you love it and how it is going to grow up to be a beautiful wine . Don't worry about what people think either when they see you snuggled up next to your primary, giving it a hugg and caressing it
smiley36.gif

HAHA.... I would, but I am worried it might lead to more!!! HAHA

How does the wine expert compare to MM?

Would have to let George or someone else who has tried the MM answer that one

Check it out Waldo....

I talked to George today. I am going to try the MM kit. I will let you know how it looks.

Goodfella,
My experience is still minimal but I have madea MM AJ Sav Blanc and a WE Yakima Valley Pinot Gris. Sampled both recently and even though both are still young (around 5 months) they are both turning out very well. We prefer dry whites and both of these are very clean and flavorful. I recommend them.

Thanks Rick. I will give one of those a shot down the road. But I just got my Gewurtz left on the porch from fed ex!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHH

Back