What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find a few "50-75 year" wines so I can compare them to what I'm making now. :p

Honestly, it would have been extremely interesting to taste this wine in 2013 as Parker did (at 2.5 years old) and understand what he tasted in the wine that made him think that.

I’d love to sit next to one of these tasters to see that myself. I wonder if they’re judging what they taste, what they think it will be, or a combination of both. I know it’s the latter, but I’d still like to pick through what they do.

We try to tour regional wineries/vineyards when we travel. Everything from NC scuppernong to Ohio island Catawba is fair game. Most recent (this month) was an Eastern Shore winery named Chateau Bu-De (not bidet). The wines where decent but a little pricey.

https://www.chateaubude.com/

Another vineyard/winery we visited (in July) was in Virginia named Hampton Roads Winery. I really enjoyed this visit as I spent some time amongst the vines with the owner/viticulturist discussing issues and, in particular, the scuppernong vines they had. They evidently had a killing freeze this spring and lost some vines.

http://www.hamptonroadswinery.com/

I can post more, if there is interest. Was this what you were referring to sweetiepie?

2016 Reynvaan allocation. Pure rocks funk. This is their 10th Anniversary and they tossed in a nice engraved two-step cork screw. Been on the list since 2010. Been on the Cayuse "wait list" for the same amount of time..... :d

IMG_3809.JPG

That salesman probably has a full shipping container to unload. I actually like those type of openers as long as it is of halfway decent quality.

Went to a Christmas party at a winery I belong to yesterday. They were debuting a 2016 Chambourone. It is a Chambourcin made Amarone style. Can't really give any tasting notes since you only got a tasting. It was very nice but different somehow. My initial reaction was it would make a good mulled wine but will do well on it's own. Ended up getting 2 bottles.

This is the “to be cellared” stack I’m working on this week, entered into CT, tagged, and ready to be shelved. From left to right, all 2016 vintage: Standing bottles: Rivers-Marie Wines - Herb Lamb Vineyard, Calistoga, Lore Vineyard, Panek Vineyard, and Napa Cab. In the wooden rack, Beau Vigne Wines - Estate Cab, Cab Reserve, Romeo, Juliet, and Cult cab.

Down to only 4 cases at the office, all Turley, maybe I’ll get to that before Christmas.......
8E90D1BC-29E6-4924-B5B7-2B4A0C47251F.jpeg

I dunno, I recently turned down a set of free glasses from a winetasting at a local winery. I am looking to GET RID of stuff, not accumulate it! :)

Right there with you, I've gotten downright snooty about the glasses that my wine is consumed from, have a supply of them at home as well as up at the farm, and don't collect any others.

Back