Cellar Craft Cellar craft showcase vs cellar classic winery series

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drock

Junior
Reaction score
Hey I just want to get some feedback regarding peoples impressions on each series of kits I can get them both for about the same price. I just bought some new carboys and looking to get started on my second and third kits. I currently have my first kit in secondary... Super Tuscan it smells and tastes great so far

I have my faves from both lines. The CC Showcase Amarone may be my new all time favorite. Well along with the RJS Winery Super Tuscan.

The Cellar Craft Amarone is hands down the best Amarone I have made to date. The Winery Series Super Tuscan is getting better and better as it ages. They both are as good as it gets.

I've never done CC but can speak very highly of the RJS WS Super Tuscan, to date the best kit I've made (though my wife would argue otherwise as she prefers whites and pinks).

I've got an RJS WS Cab. Sav. bulking and will be thrilled if it turns out anywhere near as good as the Super Tuscan.

Thanks for the fee back I'm leaning toward a cab sauv or amarone but I think I want to build up a cellar before I invest 2-3 years ageing an amarone

Also how long does a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc take to reach its potential. I would like to get started on some for next summer, and if anyone can recommend some good kits that would be helpful as well

Also how long does a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc take to reach its potential. I would like to get started on some for next summer, and if anyone can recommend some good kits that would be helpful as well

Drock, If you have access to juice buckets, I would recommend trying either or both from juice. Be sure to get juice buckets that are pure juice and not reconstituted concentrate. You will get a very good product and save a lot of money. Juice buckets typically run $45-55 for 6 gallons. The reason I recommend juice buckets for white wines is that it closely parallels the white wine making process (i.e. no maceration time, grapes are crushed and pressed and are ready to ferment).

Drock, If you have access to juice buckets, I would recommend trying either or both from juice. Be sure to get juice buckets that are pure juice and not reconstituted concentrate. You will get a very good product and save a lot of money. Juice buckets typically run $45-55 for 6 gallons. The reason I recommend juice buckets for white wines is that it closely parallels the white wine making process (i.e. no maceration time, grapes are crushed and pressed and are ready to ferment).

The problem with that for me is getting into all the other factors that I would be required to learn like Ph testing and balancing etc. But I may look into it and see if any local stores carry it

Has anyone tried both the Winery Series Super Tuscan and the En Primeur? If so, is the En Primeur worth the extra $?

Has anyone tried both the Winery Series Super Tuscan and the En Primeur? If so, is the En Primeur worth the extra $?

I have the WS in bottle and the EP bulk aging. Ask me again in a year or so.

I have the WS in bottle and the EP bulk aging. Ask me again in a year or so.

I started out making all WE kits since I had a decent LHBS who carried only WE kits. Since they closed I've branched out into CC and RJ's as well. I have my first EP kit bulk aging, but like yours, it has a long way to go. I was just wondering if the EP series was worth the extra cash. I've read a lot of good things about the Winery Series, haven't heard as much regarding the EP.

Last edited:
I tried the WS súper Tuscan at 18 months old (thanks Jim) and I was floored.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

You guys are killing me. I see so many posts about how great The WS Super Tuscan is and mine has only been in the bottle for seven months. I don't know how long I can hold out.

You guys are killing me. I see so many posts about how great The WS Super Tuscan is and mine has only been in the bottle for seven months. I don't know how long I can hold out.

They kill me also! I'm drinking my WS ST now - and loving it! - that was bottled Feb. 3rd of this year after 3 months bulk aging.

At 70 years of age I ain't waiting no 18-24 months before enjoying the fruits of my labor coming from kits designed to be relatively early drinkers. :b Heck, if you want to wait that long don't buy kits buy grapes!
smilie.gif

At 70 years of age I ain't waiting no 18-24 months before enjoying the fruits of my labor coming from kits designed to be relatively early drinkers. :b Heck, if you want to wait that long don't buy kits buy grapes!
smilie.gif
I too have a hard time getting anything really over the 1 year mark. Since I now have a larger lab I'm making more so hopefully I'll be able to age some :):)

Back